Login Search

NBA Stituational Bet, SDQL

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cougs View Post
small home favorites doing well ATS in the playoffs since 2009

playoffs=1 and HF and -3<=line<=0 and season>=2009

gl
Looked into the exact same scenario. Though, it has huge up and down fluctuation. Not consistent enough for me. But, anyway, I do think that Raptors is a good bet today, regardless any trends.

Quote Originally Posted by green7 View Post
And, I've done research on the NHL playoffs going back manually to check results (the database doesn't have the capability to check series games in the playoffs) and I found an interesting tidbit.

In round one of the playoffs the past 5 years, teams that won game one, the winner of the that game has a record in the subsequent game (2) of 18-30.

A home winner in game one, is 11-17 game two

An away winner in game one, is 7-13 game two.

I found this to be fun, interesting and hopefully lucrative.....use it if you're feeling it. To those that might be miffed that I used a basketball thread to talk about ice hockey.....so sorry.
Thanks for the NHL insight. I was going to look at the playoffs, just haven't had the time.

Quote Originally Posted by JAnthony View Post
Looked into the exact same scenario. Though, it has huge up and down fluctuation. Not consistent enough for me. But, anyway, I do think that Raptors is a good bet today, regardless any trends.
The long strings of ATS "L"'s seem to go away if you add in a "and round=1" to the query. Does doing so reduce the sample size too much?

Quote Originally Posted by green7 View Post
HF and playoffs=1 and round=1 and series game=1 and p:AL and day

Making things as simple as possible....good fortune.
I passed on TOR as I wasn't convinced about that team personally but I tailed this query for the other three games.

In all sports it seems that there's a statistical blip, albeit a small one, of going chalk on home favs in the first round/first game of the playoffs. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by emceeaye View Post
SU: 39-15 (5.28, 72.2%)
Does anyone know if "5.28" is a z-score or another statistic like a chi-square statistic?
Ha, we wish, it's simply the average margin of victory.

Quote Originally Posted by pip2 View Post
The long strings of ATS "L"'s seem to go away if you add in a "and round=1" to the query. Does doing so reduce the sample size too much?
For me personally, if I'm going to go with a smaller sample (and it doesn't get much smaller than playoff queries unfortunately) it has to be an 80%+ winner over that span, minimum, with a +5 or more average win margin ATS, along with a few other things.

And even then it's a total gamble as you're never going to be sure on so few games.

I liked green's small sample query enough to tail the stronger teams (no on TOR, yes on LAC/CHI/HOU), but this one just isn't dominant enough for me to throw money on. Good data either way though pip.
Last edited by Mako-SBR; 04-19-14 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by figue View Post
guys help with this ,zig zag teory:

postseason
home team
lost last game
spread -4/-14.5
where is it that bettors can expect to catch the best value possible with NBA Zig-Zags these days?

Double-digit dogs are 41-22-1 ATS - 65.2 percent - and favorites of 4.5 or more point off a loss of 20 or more are 29-8 ATS • 78.3 percent.

:
I liked green's small sample query enough to tail the stronger teams (no on TOR, yes on LAC/CHI/HOU), but this one just isn't dominant enough for me to throw money on. Good data either way though pip.
Thanks Mako. The more I pay attention, the shorter the learning curve will be...

Quote Originally Posted by JAnthony View Post
Hey, guys! Playoffs are here! Gonna try to find some situations in playoffs as well.

Here's one worth looking at:

H and playoffs=1 and round=1 and series game=1 and total<=185

I was researching different 1st round "extremes" (lowest, highest lines and totals) and stumbled upon this trend pointing over.
Thanks!

i have to share this amazing query from gg sdb ,dont ask me what it say lol.

playoffs==1 and (site=='home' and line + 0<0) and total>167 and total<=190 and seed in [2 , 3 , 4] and series game<7 and round<4 and streak>-4 and o:streak>-4 and o:streak<6 and rest<5 and WP<73.6 and p:TPP<45.6 and op:TPP<55 and op:TO>7 and p:FGP<55 and op:FGP<57 and pooints>64 and p:assists>10 and p:assists<30 and opo:assists>8 and p:FTP<94.2 and po:rebounds>29 and po:rebounds<55 and poffensive rebounds>3 and opoffensive rebounds>3 and po:three pointers made<14 and opo:three pointers made>0 and o:ats streak<11
SU: 107-9 (13.80, 92.2%)
ATS: 100-15-1 (7.52, 87.0%) avg line: -6.3
O/U: 67-48-1 (1.29, 58.3%) avg total: 183.1

Quote Originally Posted by figue View Post
i have to share this amazing query from gg sdb ,dont ask me what it say lol.

playoffs==1 and (site=='home' and line + 0<0) and total>167 and total<=190 and seed in [2 , 3 , 4] and series game<7 and round<4 and streak>-4 and o:streak>-4 and o:streak<6 and rest<5 and WP<73.6 and p:TPP<45.6 and op:TPP<55 and op:TO>7 and p:FGP<55 and op:FGP<57 and pooints>64 and p:assists>10 and p:assists<30 and opo:assists>8 and p:FTP<94.2 and po:rebounds>29 and po:rebounds<55 and poffensive rebounds>3 and opoffensive rebounds>3 and po:three pointers made<14 and opo:three pointers made>0 and o:ats streak<11
SU: 107-9 (13.80, 92.2%)
ATS: 100-15-1 (7.52, 87.0%) avg line: -6.3
O/U: 67-48-1 (1.29, 58.3%) avg total: 183.1
WOW! Just, WOW!