Login Search

NBA Stituational Bet, SDQL

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
have a fair question for you guys, have you experienced losing streaks using sdql, and if so can you give me a duration ??? 5,6 or 7 games long ?? like anything else it depends on your selections.....just wondering as I have seen the newsletter at the other place have bad runs using this over the years in( NFL) but that was a different sport.......unlike modeling, can't really have a margin of safety..using sdql.......outside of sample size.....and how much of a sample size do you need to base a play on ??? thanks
\

Streaks will still occur both ways. When a "super" query produces a few losses in a row I try to identify if any further tweaking is needed and will monitor it instead of playing. I will re-save it labeled accordingly. I do not have a set number of losses at which this occurs because some queries are high volume plays and some may only have 3-4 plays in an entire season. This in itself is all part of the experience using sdql and a skill that has nothing to do with the language. See Mako's post #170 for some guidelines or rules for queries. Great inquiry, JR.
Good luck.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

JR007 gave b1slickguy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tillos View Post
This 'SDQL' shows that the HF scores an average well over 104pts; and winning by an average of 10pts (after coming off 3 straight 100+ games). This HF has scored over over 104 points is seven straight games. While their opp has allowed 100+ in 13 STRAIGHT games.

HF and p: points>100 and ppp: points>100 and ppp: points>100 and op:H and season=2013

The Team Total Over might be a safe bet here
Hey Tillos,
You made a mistake that I am guilty of at times. In your query, you wanted to show a team that has scored over 100 pts 3 games in a row. However, your second and third games show "pppoints". You should have typed "ppoints" for Game #2.

It changes the results quite a bit.

GL2A!

This seems very tempting due to the short line and knowing Cavs line-up at this moment. Though might be a trap line, because Pacers are being heavily backed by the public. Not sure I'm gonna play this, but it's worth a look.

WP>=65 and 30<=o:WP<=40 and A and game number>=60 and -6<=line<=-4