Login Search

NBA Stituational Bet, SDQL

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by husky View Post
Great thread! I am interested in looking for angles that hit at a high rate straight up that would fall into the -300 to -700 money line range to put together into 3 team even money parlays. Any angles or ways to show this on sdql? Thanks!
I've never messed with that and probably never will. Everybody I know who has used sdql have never tried to uncover opportunities like this. Maybe we are missing out on great opportunities, but I enjoy looking for normal ATS and OU plays along with correlated parlays between side and total.

I would suggest you learn the language and give it a shot yourself. If you find something like looks interesting, I am sure people in this thread will be more than happy to give their feedback.

GL2U!

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
I've never messed with that and probably never will. Everybody I know who has used sdql have never tried to uncover opportunities like this. Maybe we are missing out on great opportunities, but I enjoy looking for normal ATS and OU plays along with correlated parlays between side and total.

I would suggest you learn the language and give it a shot yourself. If you find something like looks interesting, I am sure people in this thread will be more than happy to give their feedback.

GL2U!
Thanks wojo. I would appreciate if mako or jmon have any insight on this?

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
question for you guys ?? so, do you go through the card on a given night, and query the totals and sides for each game, and use the best results ???, or is it coming from the trend database ??? or are you originating your own querys ?? thanks in advance
I do both...I scour the net for angles and turn them into SDQL and look for legit queries. I also create my own by looking through box scores and stats or even possible angles that pop in my head. With trial and error, some stuff will amaze you and others need to be trashed.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

JR007 gave JMon 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

figue gave JMon 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

LiarGame gave JMon 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
question for you guys ?? so, do you go through the card on a given night, and query the totals and sides for each game, and use the best results ???, or is it coming from the trend database ??? or are you originating your own querys ?? thanks in advance
Don't quite understand exactly what you mean about querying the totals and sides? I look at each game, what has happened recently with each team, what is happening in the near future, and different data points such as winning percentages, team scoring, shooting, etc. I do add the lines and totals into a query if it shows promise.

As to the trend database, I assume you mean the trends that are already present. I don't use those as the ones that I see are very short term and some are team-oriented. That doesn't mean they are not worthy of looking at, I just don't see the advantage of knowing Teams are 8-0 ATS (6.19 ppg) since Mar 21, 2014 at home after a loss as a home dog. Maybe knowing the Hawks are 7-22 ATS after a loss as a home dog since 12/14/2006 is valuable. I don't know who was coaching or playing for Atlanta in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
here is a trendy simple little sob that I stumbled upon...lol

A and tA(o: points)>=103 and p:M2<=-10 and pp:M2<=-10

possible filters

o:rest<3 and rest<=3 and line<=14

JMon, do you like the under for that game? I noticed the total has moved down a few points.

Quote Originally Posted by cash$bro91 View Post
JMon, do you like the under for that game? I noticed the total has moved down a few points.
just the side as of now. I wish I would have got in before the line move...as I do have a salty situation for the under.

208 >= total >= 201 and tS(ou margin, N=5) >= 30 and 60 >= WP >= 51 and 2009 <= season and site = home

You guys keep coming up with the goods.

Though......

tS(L, N=4)=4 and tS(ats margin<0, N=5)=5 and A and o:rest=0

when you add "division=o:division" and rest=0 as filters, the total looks less enticing.

I've got nothing to share today, but will consider the Hawks and Kings from the queries presented.

Good on us for tonight.

Default Take that back

Here's a query that shows how teams have done after playing a particular team this year, and in this case, with no rest.

That two applicable teams for tonight's game of course would be the Kings after playing the Thunder, and the Wizards after playing the Pacers.

po:team and rest=0 and season=2013