Login Search

NBA Stituational Bet, SDQL

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
Not much for me today, but like this one (bounce back game) for a normal size play: Looking for SDQL translation here fellas! Who can get if first!

1. Road team
2. Salty offense ave 102 more a game
3. Against an OK offense av btwn 98-92
4. after 42+ games
5. after a blowout loss of 15 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by cofaga View Post
A and tA(points)>102 and 98>=oA(points)>=92 and game number>42 and p:margin<=-15

and under play if anyone is interested

P:HL and AD and 212>total>204 and rest=0 and p: points>110 and rest < o:rest

Here's another:

HD and season>2009 and p: points<100 and pp: points<100 and tA(points)>100

Probably a little too general. Changing to:

HD and season>2009 and p: points<100 and pp: points<100 and tA(points)>100 and p:W

More descriptive of the actual situation but drops our sample size significantly and shows less consistency over time as it's 2-9 since 2009 but only 8-17 since 2002 (6-8 between 2002-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by hyahya View Post
Like this one quite a bit:

HD and season>2002 and p:AL and pp:A and ppp:A and pppp:A and ppppp:A and op:W
Last two seasons, 1 - 3 SU and with 2 points line, most chances, the team that will win the game will cover.

Maybe it adds a bit to take the Wizards, but can't see it as argument for the Kings.

I like to look at the specific spot, pick out 3 or 4 factors I deem most relevant to input into the SDQL search. From there I attemmpt to fine tune it. I try to avoid the pitfalls of data mining bias this way.

For the above query, I felt first game back from a 4+ game road trip with the last game being a loss against a AF coming off a home win were the most relevant factors. Could've also input conference!=o:conference as that accounts for a portion of the cross continent travel given it's the first game of a western road trip for the Wiz.

Quote Originally Posted by cofaga View Post
p:HFL and tA(o: points)<100 and po: points>110 and op:W and opp:W and oppp:W and opppp:W

A decent defensive team after allowing more then 110 points at home in a loss as the favourite against a team on a 4 win streak

There's a cleaner way to include that streak in this case:

o:streak = 4

Saves you the trouble of putting all those oppppppp entries.