Login Search

NBA Stituational Bet, SDQL

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
Good in theory, but leaving out 36 plays that show a 72% win rate. (10-26 ATS +15u)
Good luck.
Especially when eliminating that large chunks of games doesn't have anything to do with improving or playing to the foundational core logic of the play, which in this case is fading a team coming home after two successful away games. Doesn't matter if they're a dog or fav because the logic stands that the team and linemakers and public are now aligned the other direction on the team's next home game, overconfident/trap/etc, and the line is potentially full of value going the other way against them.

I always aim for the largest samples, over the most amount of seasons, as possible when I tinker with strings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako-SBR View Post
Can't remember if I posted this one before, but the play is the Under:

total<=199.5 and p: points>=108 and p: overtime=0 and pp: points>=102 and op: P1+op:P2>=57 and op: W
Hey just wondering what your logic on this is?

tA(points)+10oints and tA(points)+10oints and tA(points)+10oints and total<=190 and H

seems to point to the over but of course your data is the greater sample size

Quote Originally Posted by Mako-SBR View Post
Especially when eliminating that large chunks of games doesn't have anything to do with improving or playing to the foundational core logic of the play, which in this case is fading a team coming home after two successful away games. Doesn't matter if they're a dog or fav because the logic stands that the team and linemakers and public are now aligned the other direction on the team's next home game, overconfident/trap/etc, and the line is potentially full of value going the other way against them.

I always aim for the largest samples, over the most amount of seasons, as possible when I tinker with strings.
I agree that the larger the sample the better. Also, I believe that normally, it is better to have a longer period of time than just the last 2+ seasons. However, there are trends that are best to trust early as the linemakers & the public evolve more rapidly every season.

I wasn't "throwing out 36 games", I was just stating the fact that if the team we are betting against is a dog, it has a more successful record. That is even more evident in a larger data sample going back to 2008 on where the >=0 is 5-32 SU, 10-27 ATS while the favorite is 38-32 SU, and 29-41 ATS.

I prefer fewer qualifiers in trends as compared to what you see many pro touts doing. I do consider D or F to be a very valuable qualifier.

GL2A!

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post

I wasn't "throwing out 36 games", I was just stating the fact that if the team we are betting against is a dog, it has a more successful record. That is even more evident in a larger data sample going back to 2008 on where the >=0 is 5-32 SU, 10-27 ATS while the favorite is 38-32 SU, and 29-41 ATS.

I prefer fewer qualifiers in trends as compared to what you see many pro touts doing. I do consider D or F to be a very valuable qualifier.

GL2A!
This is one the most important things I do when looking a particular situation. Especially when the situation is open to D/F and H/A etc. Thus: similarity in a given situation with the game that is active within it. I like to see , perhaps, a replica of what's going to happen (with what happened in the past)...hopefully.

I think your statement was misunderstood.
Last edited by JMon; 03-04-14 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
Modified the sdql from posts #3 and #4 giving it a larger sample size extending more than just a few months.
Anyone have any other sdql's to compliment or contradict the plays produced below?
Good luck.

H and line>-6 and p:AW and pp:AW and season>=2011
nope...luv grizz, laying off bulls

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
So it makes no difference to you if a team is a dog or is favored?
Good luck.

Can be a dog or a favorite if not more than -5.5.
Favorites laying 6 or more are filtered out, as they are only hitting at a 50% clip in the given sdql.
Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
Learning time.....I'll give the translation....can anyone, except Mako or slick guy, give the SDQL... a play that I am on tonight...

1. playing at home
2. after a loss by 10 points or more
3. against oppt. off 4 straight losses of 10 points or more

H and p:margin<-9.5 and op:margin<-9.5 and opp:margin<-9.5 and oppp:margin<-9.5 and opppp:margin<-9.5

What do I win?

Go Kings!
(thanks for sharing that trend and your prior comments regarding my post)
Give Points

Points Awarded:

JMon gave Wojo 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
Learning time.....I'll give the translation....can anyone, except Mako or slick guy, give the SDQL... a play that I am on tonight...

1. playing at home
2. after a loss by 10 points or more
3. against oppt. off 4 straight losses of 10 points or more

H and p:margin<=-10 and op:margin<=-10 and opp:margin<=-10 and oppp:margin<=-10 and opppp:margin<=-10

that's some good odds, thanks for the info
Give Points

Points Awarded:

JMon gave cofaga 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.