Login Search

NBA Stituational Bet, SDQL

Last Post

So, I took a shot at the 2H over 106 on the Was/Phi game tonight. They scored 136 in the first half... then only 89 in the second half.

I'm not seeing how to run a query to show 2nd half scoring if the first half was over a certain number of points. Help? I'd like to have this sort of thing in my back pocket in the future... maybe really high scoring first halves lead to really low scoring second halves?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by figue View Post
tomorrow fade blazers 1-9 this season
Quote Originally Posted by husky View Post
Nice.
Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
simple yet powerful

line <= -11 and po: points <= 80 and opo: points >= 110
Quote Originally Posted by Mako-SBR View Post
So many different systems all fading Portland today, love it.
winner

Quote Originally Posted by Mako-SBR View Post
The definition is that you're taking the under whenever a .500-or-less team comes off two large road losses in a row having allowed 82 points or more in their last game and is now up against a non-Conference opponent. The actual premise behind it is that you're betting that a team who played uncharacteristically poor defense and got embarrassed because of it twice in a row will now reset their focus on that particular aspect of their game and will lock down the opponent's scoring (and thus the total score) in their next game.
does this angle have point range that the 500< team loses by?
also, what if they gave up say 84 and 85 pts in the last 2 losses? thats actually a great defensive effort.

im probably missing something....

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Karate View Post
also, what if they gave up say 84 and 85 pts in the last 2 losses? thats actually a great defensive effort.
The trend you are talking about is for college ball. While in the NBA giving up 82 points is very good defensively, it is very poor in the college ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by figue View Post
H and p:AL and pp:AL and date >= 20131116

O/U: 38-21-1 (5.48, 64.4%) avg total: 200.6

any logic here ??

I have an sdql I created a few months back with a similar base query showing an increase of overs this season, too. Back-testing gives different results, though. It could be the start of something good...or not. Try extending the date parameter and adding other filters. The sdql below is an ATS based play not O/U. No play tomorrow, (DET is home next) but maybe soon.
Good luck.

H and total>=201 and n:A and p:ADL and pp:ADL and season>=2011

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
I have an sdql I created a few months back with a similar base query showing an increase of overs this season, too. Back-testing gives different results, though. It could be the start of something good...or not. Try extending the date parameter and adding other filters. The sdql below is an ATS based play not O/U. No play tomorrow, (DET is home next) but maybe soon.
Good luck.

H and total>=201 and n:A and p:ADL and pp:ADL and season>=2011

ATS: 5-24-0 (-9.24, 17.2%) avg line: 2.1
O/U: 20-9-0 (4.95, 69.0%) avg total: 206.8
nice rate here fading home team ats and total over ,good for parlay.

Modified the sdql from posts #3 and #4 giving it a larger sample size extending more than just a few months.
Anyone have any other sdql's to compliment or contradict the plays produced below?
Good luck.

H and line>-6 and p:AW and pp:AW and season>=2011

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
Anyone have any other sdql's to compliment or contradict the plays produced below?
Good luck.

H and line>-6 and p:AW and pp:AW and season>=2011
Don't have any other trends, but if you add "and line>=0" to your sdql it improves to 3-18 ATS.