Login Search

NBA Stituational Bet, SDQL

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
Fig, I worked on one. "What we're looking for are home underdogs of +110 or greater that have a better record than their opponent."

This has actually tanked, but did find out that it's a very good doggie in Sept and Oct, which happens to be my fav months to play dogs in the MLB. I did go back and start with +105 as we were missing some good numbers. Too my amazement... NEVER a losing season since the start of the database. . I did filter it with "and season" so one can see winning seasons all the way down. I will work on the others with i find some more time.

Enjoy fellas.

H and line>=105 and WP>o:WP and (month=9 or month=10) and season
how about this jmon :

Baseball Divisional Underdog Method
No other sport will see a team go through as many peaks and valleys as baseball. Not only is this due to the sheer number of games each team plays, but also due to the number of games played on consecutive days. While the NBA may make an issue out of teams playing three games in four days, it isn't unusual to see baseball teams playing 10 or more days in a row.
For that reason, the sports is also more prone to streaks, both winning and losing that the others, even though at the end of the season the worst baseball teams will have a higher winning percentage than the worse NBA team, while the best baseball team will have a lower winning percentage than the best NBA squad.
Some baseball bettors have a rule not to bet on a team that didn't win its previous game. That might be a little too much, but at least there is some rationale for that train of thought, especially when betting underdogs.
In fact, taking divisional underdogs off a straight up win, either over today's opponent or the previous team it played, has been one of the most successful systems over the past seven seasons, showing a profit in six of the seven years. The lone exception was 2009, a year in which underdog bettors shudder just thinking about, as favorites won an extraordinary number of games that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako-SBR View Post
(F or AD) and WP>62 and o:WP>35 and P:FL and p:AW and pp:AW and game number>=25
A lot like the other revenge one.

The command to show previous ats wins/losses is 'p:ats margin>0' or 'p:ats margin<0' depending upon what you're trying to display.

To show more results than 50 on the page, add this to the actual URL of the browser once the query is finished loading: '+&show_games=1000'

That shows up to 1000 entries on that page for any query, and you can set the '1000' to whatever number you like.
Thanks!

Yeah we've warned him previously about small team trends with low samples being dangerous as we've seen countless people fall into that trap with the SDQL over time but if he wants to pursue that route it's up to him.
To be clear, I'm calling him a possible shill (read: employed by someone with a vested interest in posters losing money, like sbr or the books, and disguising that fact), because he gave wrong information (corrected by 2 others).

Fig, I worked on one. "What we're looking for are home underdogs of +110 or greater that have a better record than their opponent."

This has actually tanked, but did find out that it's a very good doggie in Sept and Oct, which happens to be my fav months to play dogs in the MLB. I did go back and start with +105 as we were missing some good numbers. Too my amazement... NEVER a losing season since the start of the database. . I did filter it with "and season" so one can see winning seasons all the way down. I will work on the others with i find some more time.

Enjoy fellas.

H and line>=105 and WP>o:WP and (month=9 or month=10) and season
One I created this morning, interestingly it correctly called the last two difficult-to-cap Miami games though that wasn't the goal.

It operates off the principal that a talented team lost as a favorite to a less talented opponent earlier in the season, has played well since that time and/or gotten stronger as the season progressed, and now gets the opportunity for revenge against said team after coming off two straight road wins and having great momentum before the payback game:

(F or AD) and WP>62 and o:WP>35 and P:FL and p:AW and pp:AW and game number>=25

Yeah we've warned him previously about small team trends with low samples being dangerous as we've seen countless people fall into that trap with the SDQL over time but if he wants to pursue that route it's up to him.

The command to show previous ats wins/losses is 'p:ats margin>0' or 'p:ats margin<0' depending upon what you're trying to display.

To show more results than 50 on the page, add this to the actual URL of the browser once the query is finished loading: '+&show_games=1000'

That shows up to 1000 entries on that page for any query, and you can set the '1000' to whatever number you like.

good work slaves now go find some more

Quote Originally Posted by figue View Post
how about this jmon :

Baseball Divisional Underdog Method
D and DIV and (p:W or P:W) and season

The above cranked out astronomical numbers through 2004-2008, as explained above tanked in 2009, bounced back in 2010, tanked in 2011, small profit 2012 and absolutely got hammered last year. Something that will not be saved in my database.

Quote Originally Posted by figue View Post
some others ::

Baseball's Beaten Favorites With a season that is 162 games long, it's only natural that there will be days Major League Baseball teams don't give their best efforts. Playing day-after-day can take its toll on the players both mentally and physically, and as baseball bettors, one of the things we try to predict is when those games will be, as well as those games when a team is likely to go all-out for a victory. One scenario where a team has given that little bit of extra effort in the past is when they have lost the previous game as a favorite of -200 or more and are playing the same opponent again today, as long as it is playing a team outside its division. As we mentioned in the article divisional underdogs have historically been decent wagers in the past, as teams are more likely to give their best efforts against a team in the same division. A team that defeats a divisional favorite on one day is just as likely to be up for the next game, since they are still playing in its division, while a team that wins as a large non-divisional underdog is more prone to a bit of a letdown the next day.
A six-year study of losing favorites of -200 or more show they have responded with a 514-295 record for a gain of 93.87 units in the next game, provided they are playing a non-divisional team. Bettors can tell from the gain of units, compared to the record, they will be again be laying some decent odds, but the risk has been worth it, as teams in this situation have won 63.5-percent of their games the next time out. Even though the little guy may defeat the big favorite on occasion, you can bet the big guy will pick himself up and be out for revenge the following day
Not bad if like laying high juice, which I don't mind if the spot is right. Nonetheless if you don't like laying high juice in bases, at least this situation would filter out any dogs you may like for the day. Only one losing year, 73% winners (only thing I added was a line parameter)

p:line<=-200 and p:L and SG>1 and division!=o:division and HF and -120>=line>=-300 and 2005<=season

Home
Total>205
Previous home loss
Previous outscored by 15 or more in 2H

H and total>205 and p:HL and po:P3-p:P3 + po:P4-p:P4>14 and season>=2008

Have this saved without the total filter, but posted line and total align nicely with.
Good luck.

oS(ats margin>0, N=15)>=12

check this out in NCAAB... 1 parameter produces 61% winners! Contrarian!!

(playing on a team that is playing a team that has covered 12 or more out their last 15)

I turned this into 78% winners by adding a couple of parameter...Let me know what you guys come up with!

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
Home
Total>205
Previous home loss

Have this saved without the total filter, but posted line and total align nicely with.
Good luck.
Nice slicker...I was already on Port...with two other situations favoring Port. Added another unit.

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
Home
Total>205
Previous home loss

Good luck.
Nice, like it already.

(playing on a team that is playing a team that has covered 12 or more out their last 15)

I turned this into 78% winners by adding a couple of parameter...Let me know what you guys come up with!
Solid! Few minutes playing with it and am attracted to this subset so far:

D and oS(ats margin>0, N=15)>=12 and rest<=3

Lets you stay on what are usually pretty sizeable dogs, while still boosting the average ATSm and Z-Value of the system versus the base query.

Nice slicker...I was already on Port...with two other situations favoring Port. Added another unit.
Ha, same, just added another unit on Portland after reading b1's post and seeing that they matched another system we've been running.

Close to 74%. (knew to start with doggies if you saved it....lol)

D and oS(ats margin>0, N=15)>=12 and month<3

Last edited by b1slickguy; 02-25-14 at 07:26 PM.