Login Search

2K14 Simulation Picks

Last Post

ArrowLeft 2K14 Simulation Picks

Saw this thing some time ago in "that other forum we all know" and as ridiculous as it sounds, those NBA 2K14 simulations got pretty decent results, especially with totals. Simulated two games last night and both hit ATS and Totals. So gonna make a thread just for fun and see how it goes. Should be fun.

Simulating Lakers and Timberwolves game now. Will post results after 3 more quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by JAnthony View Post
Saw this thing some time ago in "that other forum we all know" and as ridiculous as it sounds, those NBA 2K14 simulations got pretty decent results, especially with totals. Simulated two games last night and both hit ATS and Totals. So gonna make a thread just for fun and see how it goes. Should be fun.

Simulating Lakers and Timberwolves game now. Will post results after 3 more quarters.
What ???

LA Lakers 98 : 96 MIN Timberwolves
(31:19 | 25:13 | 14:31 | 28:33)

Picks: LAL +11 ; U217

Pacers and Hawks game up next.
you are talking about the Game..? and you are playing it at home.. and it's working?

interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
you are talking about the Game..? and you are playing it at home.. and it's working?

interesting.
I'm not playing it. I'm simulating it with all the updated line-ups and real time player stat adjustments. There was a similar thread and the funny thing is that it actually produced more winners than losers.

The thing is that in theory in this game the same principle of the sophisticated models is applied, since they have put an enormous work in every detail in order to assign values and skills to each player individually. It is ridiculous from betting perspective, but why not have fun while it lasts.
Last edited by JAnthony; 02-04-14 at 01:50 PM.

IND Pacers 102 : 110 ATL Hawks
(25:23 | 28:33 | 26:25 | 23:29)

Picks: ATL +3.5 ; O199.5

Bobcats and Warriors game up next.
Hawks haven't lost ATS as a home underdog of 3 points or less playing at 7:30pm on Tuesday February 4th two days after the Super Bowl with Al Horford out and on the same day when Chicago Bulls are a 8 or more point underdogs.

LOL at this guy, says that stats and trends are meaningless then suggests using a video game is good calculator for ATS and totals. Ok I'm done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
LOL at this guy, says that stats and trends are meaningless then suggests using a video game is good calculator for ATS and totals. Ok I'm done here.
STATS and BETTING TRENDS is not the same thing! Teams do not go on court to play ATS, but to play for a win.
Last edited by JAnthony; 02-04-14 at 03:37 PM.

I'm not playing it. I'm simulating it with all the updated line-ups and real time player stat adjustments. There was a similar thread and the funny thing is that it actually produced more winners than losers.

The thing is that in theory in this game the same principle of the sophisticated models is applied, since they have put an enormous work in every detail in order to assign values and skills to each player individually. It is ridiculous from betting perspective, but why not have fun while it lasts.
wow... pretty cool.. i would love to watch a game..
i wonder where these games will be in 10 yrs.

it seems they improve exponentially