Login Search

Grinder's Iteration on Stiflers NBA Chase

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseHead View Post
But isn't money management pretty much against the idea of Stifler's system? The reason anyone ended up losing a ton on that system last year was because those long chases continuously kept losing. It's hard to consider it good money management when you continue chasing your money & keep losing. If we had just straight-bet everything it would have been a lot easier on the bankroll. It looks like your experiment is lowering the risk a little bit though so far.
Then straight bet it, problem solved. Anyone involved with Martingale chases is well aware of the risks.

Sorry you got burned last time, adjust your own strategy accordingly and follow along silently with the rest of us.

12/15/13
S1,H3,O4 = 55-44 +37.35u

EX = 36-15 +36.00u
Tot 73.35u

Results
60A H3 Miami 1.10 to win 1.00 LOSE
61A S1 Cleveland 1.10 to win 1.00 WIN
62A S1 LAL fade Charlotte 1.10 to win 1.00 LOSE
63A O4 Atl fade NYKnicks 1.10 to win 1.00 WIN
36A EX Philly fade Portland 1.10 to win 1.00 WIN
Home Brew Club Christmas party last night - LATE night with way too much beer!

SUNDAY
64A S1 Portland 1.10 to win 1.00
37A EX Oklahoma City 1.10 to win 1.00
38A EX Orlando fade Oklahoma City 1.10 to win 1.00

Mondays known games

60B H3 Miami 2.31 to win 2.1
62B S1 LALakers fade Atlanta 2.31 to win 2.1

Instead of money management I should have stressed bankroll management. A small difference. Money management has to do with betting and bankroll management is more of your entire betting bucket of money.
Last edited by Grinder12000; 12-15-13 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder12000 View Post
12/15/13
S1,H3,O4 = 55-44 +37.35u

EX = 36-15 +36.00u
Tot 73.35u

Home Brew Club Christmas party last night - LATE night with way too much beer!

SUNDAY
63A S1 Portland 1.10 to win 1.00
37A EX Oklahoma City 1.10 to win 1.00
38A EX Orlando fade Oklahoma City 1.10 to win 1.00

Mondays known games

60B H3 Miami 2.31 to win 2.1
62B S1 LALakers fade Atlanta 2.31 to win 2.1

Instead of money management I should have stressed bankroll management. A small difference. Money management has to do with betting and bankroll management is more of your entire betting bucket of money.
What lines are you getting on these? Feel like if there's line movement there will be the possibility down the road where the system covers but people who are following may not. Sorry if this has already been brought up or covered in this topic before.

What lines are you getting on these? Feel like if there's line movement there will be the possibility down the road where the system covers but people who are following may not. Sorry if this has already been brought up or covered in this topic before.
Don't quote the picks, it's not necessary.

And this is yet another time you've asked a question that's already been talked about or answered. And this question was answered just a few pages ago...Read the thread.

It's fine - If there is a close game I use the lines here

http://www.sbrforum.com/betting-odds/nba-basketball/

The line NORMALLY is the one closest to 5:00PM - I HATE closing lines as some rich dude will come in and played a $10K bet and the line moves a minute before the game.

If there is a majority here that get a bad line I have no problem changing a W to a L or vice versa. I'm not out to prove a system. I'm here to have fun and make money, not pound my chest in greatness! (I do that quietly with no one looking).

Don't quote though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako-SBR View Post
Don't quote the picks, it's not necessary.

And this is yet another time you've asked a question that's already been talked about or answered. And this question was answered just a few pages ago...Read the thread.
Coming from a guy who's been on the forum for 2 months. Anger issues or what? Just asked a question buddy, chill.

Looks like you just base it off of closing numbers then which works, Grinder. Thanks for the response. GL.

Coming from a guy who's been on the forum for 2 months. Anger issues or what? Just asked a question buddy, chill.

Looks like you just base it off of closing numbers then which works, Grinder. Thanks for the response. GL.
And a user of forums, and the etiquette that goes with them, for nearly 20 years.
Feel free to ask some more questions, happy to help you not lose it all as you did last time.

12/16/13
S1,H3,O4 = 55-45 +36.25u

EX = 36-17 +33.80u
Tot 70.05u

Results
64A S1 Portland 1.10 to win 1.00 LOST
37A EX Oklahoma City 1.10 to win 1.00 LOSER
38A EX Orlando fade Oklahoma City 1.10 to win 1.00 LOSER again
Monday yee haw!
60B H3 Miami 2.31 to win 2.10
62B S1 LALfade Atlanta 2.31 to win 2.10
65A H3 LAClippers 1.10 to win 1.00
35B EX Indiana 2.31 to win 2.10
37B EX Orlando fade Chicago 2.31 to win 2.10
38A EX Philly Fade Brooklyn 1.10 to win 2.10

Tuesday Known games
63B S1 Portland
66A O4 Portland
38B EX Oklahoma City

WELL - being a cheesehead you can believe that I'm in good spirits to say the least with the Packer/Cowboy NFL game. Any Dallas fans I can feel your pain . . . no . . I can't, that was a REAL REAL bad loss! Horrible Horrible coaching. I heard the Cowboys have released Jerry Jones

As for the little tiff above - just let me take care of things please. If something really gets to be a pain I can police it, thanks.
Last edited by Grinder12000; 12-16-13 at 08:06 AM.

OK - I'm going to talk this new idea out!

As you know I have this RPI generator which is like a power rating. The same thing used for NCAA football and so forth.

Currently the EX system is picking teams on the top OR bottom and going with or against those hot or cold teams. However I believe there is a flaw but . . . can't complain SO FAR. The problem is once a team is on the top or bottom the linemakers are adjusting the lines.

In blackjack if you can count cards (which I have done) the profits are not when you get a high count, it's GETTING to the high count.

What if I could find teams that were cold and are now becoming hot, the public and linemakers have not caught up yet. So pick bad teams that are getting better to win a 4 game chase and good teams sinking to lose a 4 game fade.

hmmmmm food for thought. Seems like it would be a ton of work.
Last edited by Grinder12000; 12-16-13 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder12000 View Post
OK - I'm going to talk this new idea out!

As you know I have this RPI generator which is like a power rating. The same thing used for NCAA football and so forth.

Currently the EX system is picking teams on the top OR bottom and going with or against those hot or cold teams. However I believe there is a flaw but . . . can't complain SO FAR. The problem is once a team is on the top or bottom the linemakers are adjusting the lines.

In blackjack if you can count cards (which I have done) the profits are not when you get a high count, it's GETTING to the high count.

What if I could find teams that were cold and are now becoming hot, the public and linemakers have not caught up yet. So pick bad teams that are getting better to win a 4 game chase and good teams sinking to lose a 4 game fade.

hmmmmm food for thought. Seems like it would be a ton of work.
This sounds like very interesting idea Grinder. You might be on to something. We are due for a cold streak in our NBA chase so if we can find a new method I would be all interested.