Login Search

Grinder's Iteration on Stiflers NBA Chase

Last Post

Sorry for your loss. I truly know how that is. It's happened a few times for me this year. That's why I try to NEVER look at the other team playing. I had a ton on that Indiana game between the Mia FADE and the experimental Indiana chase.

I'm so freaking glad Nashville won on Wallcos NHL - whew that was 16 units!! Now if San Jose and NYIslanders can middle :-)

Bulls/Milwaukee - Chicago has 4 starters out! GREAT!!

12/11/13 48W-41L +28.04u

results
55C S1 Mia fade Indiana 4.85u to win 4.41u WIN
experimental
"A" Oklahoma WIN
"B" Indiana WIN
"A" Milwaukee fade Chicago (missing 4 starters) LOSE
Wednesdays games
49C H3 New Orleans 4.85 to win 4.41
56B O4 sac fade Utah 2.31 to win 2.10
57A H3 Boston 1.10 to win 1.00
experimental 31-13 +31.00
"B" Milwaukee fade San Antonio 2.31 to win 2.1
"A" Philly fade Minnesota 1.10 to win 1.00
"A" Oklahoma City 1.10 to win 1.00

Thursdays known games
known at the moment

*H3 = Whenever a team starts a home stand chase for one WIN ATS for 4 games (all teams)
*O4 = Whenever a team had an OT game start the 4 game chase (certain teams)
*experimental = Just handicapping using my brain and instincts in a 4 game chase.
Last edited by Grinder12000; 12-11-13 at 09:27 AM.

Grinder-- Tried to PM you.. Said I had to have 20 post and it had to go to the staff.. You may or may not get the message... My question from above was posted incorrectly.. I know the HIGHLIGHTED team is the one to play.. What I was wanting to know is when to fade a team or play the team.. Example-- Last night you had OKC and tonight you have OKC... What would make OKC a "Fade" tonight or any of the other teams that you have as a "Fade".. Is, in the case of OKC tonight, you think they will cover the 6 based on a last 5 or 10 game performance or is it that they will more than likely cover at least 1 of the next 4.. Just wanting to know how I would decide when to "fade" a team or to "play" that team ...

Mako - I noticed that this afternoon.

raangeman - there are 4 systems all working here so it's a tough call and SOMETIMES the systems work against each other. It's happened a few times this year where we basically just watch the battle and play the loser when the dust settles.

The only Odd system is the experimental system where I'm looking at the RPI of teams and looking at their upcoming schedule. (more on that later).

Otherwise certain teams, when they have played an overtime game we fade Or chase. I've compiled 11 years of data on every team and some are better then others in certain situations. I've been doing a rolling average of 10 years and picking the teams that do well. THIS could be totally opposite of what I SHOULD be doing. It's a crap shoot.

I took a system the above systems that failed last year by another person and have tweaked it to what I HOPE will have better results as I saw flaws in the old ways.

I'm a contrairian, I like going against the herd but here I seem to be a chaser WHICH is actually going against the herd as I believe most "smart" people are contrairians now in NBA gambling! (Did that make any sense?).

So in the OKC example - the experimental system will sort of stick with a team for a while. I can't see any of the other systems switching from a fade to a chase overnight.

I'll explain the experimental system (my baby) later tonight which is 100% my idea. I have some cool numbers to post on that one!
Last edited by Grinder12000; 12-11-13 at 06:32 PM.