Login Search

2013-14 NBA picks

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by mikmik View Post
As someone mentioned why don't you raise units to 50 a unit
I know I answered you in the MLB subforum, but I'm going to cut and paste my response here in case an NBA bettor wonders and doesn't visit that thread:

I've made roughly 3,700 plays in the last 21 months for a net gain of 247.57 units. At 1.5U per play (estimate) and $20 per unit, that's well over $100,000 of action during that period of time.

And that, my friends, is why I keep my plays at $20 per unit.

Again, is it the most efficient way to gamble? Hell no. Would I be better of being more selective and focusing on quantity over quality? Wouldn't we all? I am still way too addicted to the capping and action side of sports betting to take that "next step," which would be to pick and choose my spots more and increase my unit size.

It is what it is. I'm just being honest. And I guess if I were doing this for a living or money I truly needed, I'd probably do just that. As it stands, though, I'm a recreational gambler doing this because I love to do it -- not because I'm trying to make a living at it.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

mikmik gave No coincidences 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

herbi gave No coincidences 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Tommy Karate gave No coincidences 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

survive gave No coincidences 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
I know I answered you in the MLB subforum, but I'm going to cut and paste my response here in case an NBA bettor wonders and doesn't visit that thread:

I've made roughly 3,700 plays in the last 21 months for a net gain of 247.57 units. At 1.5U per play (estimate) and $20 per unit, that's well over $100,000 of action during that period of time.

And that, my friends, is why I keep my plays at $20 per unit.

Again, is it the most efficient way to gamble? Hell no. Would I be better of being more selective and focusing on quantity over quality? Wouldn't we all? I am still way too addicted to the capping and action side of sports betting to take that "next step," which would be to pick and choose my spots more and increase my unit size.

It is what it is. I'm just being honest. And I guess if I were doing this for a living or money I truly needed, I'd probably do just that. As it stands, though, I'm a recreational gambler doing this because I love to do it -- not because I'm trying to make a living at it.
100% behind this philosophy. Well said. Sports betting is a grinder's game.