Login Search

2013-14 NBA picks

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
I did not foresee this start.

OKC is playing like their season is on the line.
Therein lies the problem with betting big on anything pro-sport related these days.

Back in the day, you really knew when/if a team was going to show up and play with that kind of intensity, because money wasn't a factor. Teams with their backs against the wall truly played like they had their backs against the wall.

Now, because all of these guys make so much $$$$, it's not that simple anymore. Because at the end of the day, tens of millions of dollars in guaranteed money really clouds your competitive juices. I know the Clippers want to win and the Thunder want to win, but at the end of the game, regardless of the outcome, they'll shake hands, go home and live lavishly. It's not as do-or-die as it used to be. Guaranteed contracts in the 8-9 figure range have changed all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
Griffin's vagina is bleeding again.
I can't stand that piece of shit.

Most overrated "star" in the NBA, without question.

The thing that bugs me about making this bet is that I like the Thunder and can't stand the Clippers. So now I'm forced to root for these posers to make a comeback, which they probably will, because after all -- it's the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

The thing that bugs me about making this bet is that I like the Thunder and can't stand the Clippers. So now I'm forced to root for these posers to make a comeback, which they probably will, because after all -- it's the NBA.
I can't stand him either and he graduated from the same school as I did so I had to root for him in college.

they'll win but not cover....

Therein lies the problem with betting big on anything pro-sport related these days.

Back in the day, you really knew when/if a team was going to show up and play with that kind of intensity, because money wasn't a factor. Teams with their backs against the wall truly played like they had their backs against the wall.

Now, because all of these guys make so much $$$$, it's not that simple anymore. Because at the end of the day, tens of millions of dollars in guaranteed money really clouds your competitive juices. I know the Clippers want to win and the Thunder want to win, but at the end of the game, regardless of the outcome, they'll shake hands, go home and live lavishly. It's not as do-or-die as it used to be. Guaranteed contracts in the 8-9 figure range have changed all of that.
If the Clippers were up by 20 would you still be throwing out this argument?