Login Search

2013-14 NBA picks

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
Another rough night thanks to Charlotte's 2H implosion.

1-4, -4.65U tonight
24-16, +10.75U thread

Washington +5.5 (5.5U to win 5)

Will probably bet Wiz ML when it comes out, too.
coin i follow your plays just wanted to know is this a chase?

Solid second quarter for the Wizards. Four points in seven minutes against one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

I'm flipping back and forth between this game and MSU-Kentucky. College game is obviously far from perfect, but at least the kids play hard. So sick of the zombie NBA shit where guys just fall asleep at the wheel for long stretches of games.

I've been lurking here for a while but I think I missed your reasoning regarding/against this fact:
A good defensive plan can make opposing players look 'asleep' (non-motivated, moonwalking, taking games off).

Don't you ever give credit to defense? And your assessment of Dallas as a worse defensive team is based on what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by miss_sbets View Post
I've been lurking here for a while but I think I missed your reasoning regarding/against this fact:
A good defensive plan can make opposing players look 'asleep' (non-motivated, moonwalking, taking games off).

Don't you ever give credit to defense? And your assessment of Dallas as a worse defensive team is based on what exactly?
A team that starts Calderon, Ellis and Dirk is typically going to be pretty bad defensively..

I'm not trying to pretend to be an expert. All I'm trying to say that the notion of 'swtching the channel from NBA TV because Calderon sucks on defense and the mavs are *incapable of* playing hard and therefore the wizards are simply not doing what they're paid millions of dollars to do'.... it's ridiculous. That's the impression I got from some of his earlier posts too: most NBA guys are overpaid hicks not worth the price of admission.

I'm sure there's more to it and was simply wondering where this BIG disgust really comes from.