Login Search

2013-14 NBA picks

Last Post

Had Memphis -9.5 2nd half. They were trailing the entire half and miraculously cover by .5 in the final minute.

Boston was down 5 points and fouled for no reason with 5 seconds left. Memphis hits both free throws. Then Boston dribbles the clock out without even trying a shot.

It's so amazing how these teams will foul in the final seconds on "purpose", then proceed to dribble the clock out and not even attempt a shot. It's also amazing how this affected the spread by .5.

I'm happy I won, although it was a very small play, but I know this will come back and get my thoughout the year.

This exact same scenario happened to someone else yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
Had Memphis -9.5 2nd half. They were trailing the entire half and miraculously cover by .5 in the final minute.

Boston was down 5 points and fouled for no reason with 5 seconds left. Memphis hits both free throws. Then Boston dribbles the clock out without even trying a shot.

It's so amazing how these teams will foul in the final seconds on "purpose", then proceed to dribble the clock out and not even attempt a shot. It's also amazing how this affected the spread by .5.

I'm happy I won, although it was a very small play, but I know this will come back and get my thoughout the year.

This exact same scenario happened to someone else yesterday.
OKC/PHO. I watched it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
OKC/PHO. I watched it happen.
Nope celtics again.had em +9. They were down 7 with 16 seconds; fouled; Detroit bricked a free throw OK. Down by 8 with the ball, turned it over, fouled with 5 seconds, kaboom. Can't really do anything but laugh when this shit happens cuz it goes both ways...