Login Search

John Morrison 2013-14 NBA Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by ok15533 View Post
hey guyz. I am not sure if any one asked this question before but if anyone ass and i missed the reply. I apologize for it. My question is what was the record of JM system for last/past two seasons. season 2012 AND season 2013
^^^^
Last edited by Wallco99; 10-30-13 at 02:13 PM.

I went back to read the thread last year. and found out this records. we all are aware that it was a short season. and I also picked up some comments that it was a horrible season. if the records below are correct.

JM Traditional

4/3/2013

V1

Current chase record W/OUT buying points: 41-3-2
Current chase record WITH buying 3 points: 43-3
Current series pending: 0

V2

Current chase record W/OUT buying points: 29-4
Current chase record WITH buying 3 points: 29-4
Current series pending: 0

V3

Current chase record W/OUT buying points: 63-5-4
Current chase record WITH buying 3 points: 69-3
Current series pending: 5 (Dallas B Bet)

1. Houston Rockets A Bet -3.5 @ Sacramento Kings
Houston Rockets A Bet (since > -3 play ML) @ Sacramento Kings

2. Memphis Grizzlies A Bet -4 @ Portland Trailblazers
Memphis Grizzlies A Bet (since > -3 play ML) @ Portland Trailblazers

3. New Orleans Hornets A Bet +7 @ Golden State Warriors
New Orleans Hornets A Bet (if buying 3 points) +10 @ Golden State Warriors

4. Philadelphia 76ers A Bet -5 @ Charlotte Bobcats
Philadelphia 76ers A Bet (since > -3 play ML) @ Charlotte Bobcats

I will think it was profitable since. there are more series win than loss. if any one can explain . why it was a terrible season. this may guide us to a better decision this year.

from what I am thinking if you wage to make 500 in each series and one series went 42 - 3 that should bue 39 * 500 for the season. please correct me here.
It would be 39 * 500 = 19500. Now subtract the three losses, playing it the way JM says to and buy 3 points, which on average is -180 odds per game, and your losses for the three series would be 3 * (-10,476) = -31,428. Playing to win 500 on each series would have netted you (-11920). I would concur, a terrible season. A single three game chase loss, looking to win 500 = (-10476)
Last edited by Wallco99; 10-30-13 at 02:16 PM.

And using the records you listed below (combined 141-10), You would have netted +$70,500 for the wins and (-$104,760) for the losses with buying the points. Total loss = (-$34,260).

Playing this system the way I described earlier, 1-7-5, netted me a +58 units. Had my unit size been 500 like you described, I would have profited $29,000

(Note: I only played 1-7-5 from second week of December til the end. Prior to that, I was just playing 7/5)

wallco or thelimit,
i was thinking about the 7/5 system and this could also be applied to the 1/7/5 system. that you could calculate the exact ratio the bets should be to each other based on the win percentage to optimize ROI. since i dont have the full 8 year backtest. could one of you post the longrun B and C game win percentage?
-bonhammer

Quote Originally Posted by Wallco99 View Post
And using the records you listed below (combined 141-10), You would have netted +$70,500 for the wins and (-$104,760) for the losses with buying the points. Total loss = (-$34,260).

Playing this system the way I described earlier, 1-7-5, netted me a +58 units. Had my unit size been 500 like you described, I would have profited $29,000

(Note: I only played 1-7-5 from second week of December til the end. Prior to that, I was just playing 7/5)
It's very misleading how john praises this record . Well thank you to everyone who helped me answer this question. and also to wallco99 playing your 1. 7 . 5 plan. Did you buy points on that ?

It's very misleading how john praises this record . Well thank you to everyone who helped me answer this question. and also to wallco99 playing your 1. 7 . 5 plan. Did you buy points on that ?
Watch what you say about the Messiah, John Morrison. Chili Dog takes JM criticism personally.

Quote Originally Posted by bonhammer View Post
wallco or thelimit,
i was thinking about the 7/5 system and this could also be applied to the 1/7/5 system. that you could calculate the exact ratio the bets should be to each other based on the win percentage to optimize ROI. since i dont have the full 8 year backtest. could one of you post the longrun B and C game win percentage?
-bonhammer
That can definely be found in last years thread, just not sure where, but I know it's there.