Login Search

Sando's All Sports (NBA, AFL, NRL)

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
Agree NC...I also had TOR +7.5.

Down 18 heading to the 4th Q and spotting 7½-points, Warriors won AND COVERED the points over Raps...hard to take...

This post in D2D's thread sheds some light, tho' on the 15-42 final-quarter "performance" that made this little bit of "amazing" happen.
hah i feel for you man but i was actually on the warriors in that spot,,put yourself in my shoes and imagine how exhilarating the victory would of been, what goes around comes around, sometimes you'll be on that dreadful loss others you'll get the miracle win, but this is why we all love basketball

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
I'll be back lads, just need to take some time off and clear my head.
Very disappointed with my results so far this season...
I'm not the one to teach you how to bet. However here's what I found: in times when nothing seems to work like it should/it used to, I limit the number of plays I make/post. Severely. For some strange reason it just seems to work. I know it may sound silly and that 'gambling is a life long game and stop loss makes no sense. So I understand this borders on superstition... but it works! Notice I'm not doing anything differently, still 'same research, same angles'. But I paper bet a lot more (post on a different forum) and only put money on 1-2 plays a day. Knowing how hundred(s) of people probably tail you every day, you are a different beast... you may want to *post* just 1-2 plays a day until your luck changes.

I'd be very interested to see if you tried this approach and posted 1 NBA pick a day for a week. Maybe as many second halves as you like (they are working out just fine aren't they) but just one full game selection, each night.

Please don't stop posting altogether. So many sports out there!

Quote Originally Posted by miss_sbets View Post
I'm not the one to teach you how to bet. However here's what I found: in times when nothing seems to work like it should/it used to, I limit the number of plays I make/post. Severely. For some strange reason it just seems to work. I know it may sound silly and that 'gambling is a life long game and stop loss makes no sense. So I understand this borders on superstition... but it works! Notice I'm not doing anything differently, still 'same research, same angles'. But I paper bet a lot more (post on a different forum) and only put money on 1-2 plays a day. Knowing how hundred(s) of people probably tail you every day, you are a different beast... you may want to *post* just 1-2 plays a day until your luck changes.

I'd be very interested to see if you tried this approach and posted 1 NBA pick a day for a week. Maybe as many second halves as you like (they are working out just fine aren't they) but just one full game selection, each night.

Please don't stop posting altogether. So many sports out there!
Ok I accept your challenge miss, I will post my favourite play each day until I feel like I have things back on track, and then hopefully "business as usual". I am really confused about what has gone wrong this season, I guess the casual observer would simply say I am post too many plays, however like D2D I am a high volume guy, and the strategy usually works for me.

It sure isn't for lack of preparation, as I read, listen, watch and discuss not stop NBA this time of the year. Apart from A-League and MMA there is basically nothing that consumes my attention until the AUS sports season rolls around in March next year. It could be that I am just trying too hard, or perhaps (in all honesty) that I simply am not as "sharp" as I think I am?

Regardless I do ok with my live trading, so I will continue to post 2nd Half NBA plays (hitting at 66% this season 29-15), and keep paper trading with my pre-game plays while I work to turn things around. Thanks everyone for the continued support. I know we are all just "an online crew" however behind the keyboards we are all still people and the support is definitely appreciated.

So as far as 1 play for tommorow...

2* Heat -5 (-103/$1.97 Pinnacle)

* I rarely back the Heat (they are hard to predict their desire on any given night and you never know if D-Wade will be playing), I am definitely not one who try's to build their roll behind playing the Heat ATS.
** I am well aware of how good the Bulls record is against the Heat in recent times (without D-Rose).
*** I am also aware that the line is suspiciously short at -5, however just because Vegas is tempting us to bet one side (Heat ATS), it doesn't mean that we will lose - I mean they (Vegas line makers) are not fortune tellers, just high level handicappers.
****Heat are dynamite ATS when coming off a loss in recent times (last couple seasons).
Give Points

Points Awarded:

GunnerCrow09 gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MrXYZ gave sando 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hey sando what do you think about daniel adongo?

he is gonna debut for the colts this sunday.

as you may already know, the guy is a rugby player from south africa.

i've always said, there are some rugby guys that can be great linebackers in the nfl.

wouldn't you think there are better rugby players that can make it in the nfl from new zealand and australia? thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
hey sando what do you think about daniel adongo?

he is gonna debut for the colts this sunday.

as you may already know, the guy is a rugby player from south africa.

i've always said, there are some rugby guys that can be great linebackers in the nfl.

wouldn't you think there are better rugby players that can make it in the nfl from new zealand and australia? thoughts?
Sorry for jumping in, but really?! What position is he? Is he starting? Sorry for 20 questions!

He has an average player at NPC level did a few good things a game because of his size but that's about it, didn't stand out for anything other than being big really. If he can make it in the NFL there is plenty of guys (especially in league as I see that as similar game in terms of how athletes are built) that could for sure.

I mean this guy would NEVER had made the grade in a good super rugby side (the step up from the rugby division he was playing in NZ), he wouldn't of even made the starting team for the top NPC sides.