Login Search

PerfectGrape NBA

Last Post

Don't want to rain on your pick but in their playoff series the Heat and Celtics averaged 189 points through seven games. Also, during their regular season match-ups they averaged a 222 total for games played in Miami. While the two games played in Boston averaged 153.5. This leaves the regular season series averaging a 187.75 total.

Quote Originally Posted by mbo4422 View Post
Don't want to rain on your pick but in their playoff series the Heat and Celtics averaged 189 points through seven games. Also, during their regular season match-ups they averaged a 222 total for games played in Miami. While the two games played in Boston averaged 153.5. This leaves the regular season series averaging a 187.75 total.
Rain all you want, I appreciate your input, even more so if its a different opinion. Was thinking about buying out actually, I think the line might move to 185. I was thinking both teams will be prepared defensively and Doc will try to slow the game down because they can't run with Miami. Boston is an under team and to see the total in the mid 80s enticed me. This isn't the lockout season so both teams will be more ready than last year. I think the playoffs was a fluke a bit for Miami last year, they should've gone less than 7 with Boston. I think the higher previous scoring has inflated the line a little. Still a little uncertain though, kind of regret the play. Thanks for the information you shared though, it got me thinking more. Gl this season

GL too. Just wanted to throw those numbers out there. But as far as how i think this game will go, I think Doc definitely does want to slow the game down but won't be able to. Miami will push Boston into an uncomfortable pace. Especially when both teams' benches come on the floor. I don't know if you watched Miami's last game against New Orleans but when the starters went to the bench it was a 3-point shoot out and both teams were scoring. I think the same will happen with the Celtics. And while Doc Rivers teams are usually really good defensively I think it is too early in the season with all the new pieces they have to be at a high defensive level. And since it's the NBA and everyone can score I see this game going over.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectGrape View Post
Rain all you want, I appreciate your input, even more so if its a different opinion. Was thinking about buying out actually, I think the line might move to 185. I was thinking both teams will be prepared defensively and Doc will try to slow the game down because they can't run with Miami. Boston is an under team and to see the total in the mid 80s enticed me. This isn't the lockout season so both teams will be more ready than last year. I think the playoffs was a fluke a bit for Miami last year, they should've gone less than 7 with Boston. I think the higher previous scoring has inflated the line a little. Still a little uncertain though, kind of regret the play. Thanks for the information you shared though, it got me thinking more. Gl this season
Why are you taking this line so early? I mean, it could have it's advantages - but also can have disadvantages. What's your reasoning man?

How about the Celts against the spread? These two teams have played a lot in the past couple of years, and in that time, how often has Miami covered a big spread like that against the Celts? If anything the big spread seems to guarantee the Celts will get pissed and either win or at least threaten to win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pip2 View Post
How about the Celts against the spread? These two teams have played a lot in the past couple of years, and in that time, how often has Miami covered a big spread like that against the Celts? If anything the big spread seems to guarantee the Celts will get pissed and either win or at least threaten to win the game.
I'm sure the Celtics are hungry for payback, already missed out on +7 though. I think the Heat cover if I had to guess, but I have no clue on a side really. Hoping for a close, hard fought under.

6. Rockets/Pistons Under 193 -102
Think these 2 teams will not be all there offensively yet.

7. Mavs/Jazz Under 191.5 -105
Lakers stunk last night, this line seems a little high.

8. Lakers/Blazers Under 191 -101
If history repeats itself, Lakers will stink again, can't pass up -101.

9. Nugs -1.5 -104
Lines moving against me, still like the plays

10, Grizzlies/Clippers Under 187.5 -104
Last edited by PerfectGrape; 10-31-12 at 09:27 PM.