Login Search

Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. FINISHED?

Last Post

Default Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. FINISHED?

Dale Junior is 35 years old and drives like he's bored or just washed up. This year he had no wins and only three top five finishes. He had an average starting position of 19th (one pole) and an average finish of 18th to finish 21st in points. The guy has one win the last three seasons and belongs to one of the finest organizations (Hendricks) in racing.

Unless he shows significant improvement during the 2011 season, he will be looking for another ride. The Earnhardt name has carried him of late and it's damn time he starts living up to it. His old man would kick his ass with the effort he been showing.

hes got the same stuff jimmie and jeff have and havent used it to his advantage, if this year doesnt turn him around i dont see it ever happening. if there gonna go all in for jimmie switching with gordons crew why not start the year with jr and see if it makes any difference?

18 wins and 91 top 10s from 399 races isn't the record of a no-hoper. And it's only been the last 2 years (and 2010 in particular) he has actually looked bad on track.

35yo is the prime age for a race driver, I think he has a chance, and deserves a chance, to turn it back around. Even if it is only because he has produced so much money for everyone in the sport, if you want to ignore his good record for the first half of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
18 wins and 91 top 10s from 399 races isn't the record of a no-hoper. And it's only been the last 2 years (and 2010 in particular) he has actually looked bad on track.

35yo is the prime age for a race driver, I think he has a chance, and deserves a chance, to turn it back around. Even if it is only because he has produced so much money for everyone in the sport, if you want to ignore his good record for the first half of his career.
Can't see the crew change will help him much. He needs to bring back Eury and figure out how to get along.