Login Search

FONTANA--5mike5

Last Post

this is just 1 of the best racetracks we go to all year long...

they can race anywhere

1/2 thru the race cars wake up that havent been up front all damn day

track changes when rubber'd in

tires are questionable it seems

I CANT WAIT....
Last edited by 5mike5; 03-22-14 at 11:10 PM.

HARVICK got crushed from +975 early betting...now almost a jimmie type fav

harvick is deserving though imo, he might end up the race fav by closing time

its get those 2 early or not at all...geeeez
Last edited by 5mike5; 03-22-14 at 11:01 PM.

not sure how must trust anybody can have in stewart's health yet, but with him and #4 sharing everything, and him winning 2 of last 4 races here, tough to pass on him at those longer-shot odds he is at being in the 20s...
Give Points

Points Awarded:

Slimpickens gave 5mike5 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac926 View Post
First of all, ive never enjoyed a race more that i didnt win. Man that was exciting! Second why is joey going to a backup? I keep reading hes going to a back up but no where says why. Must have wrecked but i didnt see practice and would like to know what happened?
Quote Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
L ogano slide up n the wall late n practice ..think he cut a tire or something and he got up against the wall so he having go backup
Both Penske cars were blowing out left rear tires after about 10 laps. I mean constantly. Maybe 5 or 6 times between the two cars.

They kept increasing air pressure and trying again but kept not making more than 10-12 laps.

Logano actually blew a left front (not rear) just before practice ended and tagged the wall. Not badly by the looks.

There was a mention during practice they might be swapping the rear end housings on both cars before the race. Not sure if that sends them to the back anyway.

A lot of cars were having similar tread lifting issues, not all of them, but a lot of teams. But Penske was by far the biggest problem with the tires.

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
not sure how must trust anybody can have in stewart's health yet, but with him and #4 sharing everything, and him winning 2 of last 4 races here, tough to pass on him at those longer-shot odds he is at being in the 20s...
Hmmm. Maybe not a bad idea.

I saw him walking on TV yesterday... think its the first time Ive seen them show that this year. And I think there has been a media conspiracy to talk down the injury for months.

So that tv shot makes me think his health may be getting back to near an acceptable level.

Took some picks early in the week--some have shot me in the foot but I still don't feel terrible about them:

To win:

Kenseth +875 (2 units)
Logano +1250 (1 unit)
T. Stewart +2750 (2 units)

Early H2H odds (Hamlin and K Busch hurt me!):

C. Edwards over R. Newman -115 (10 units)
D. Hamlin over J. Gordon -115 (3 units)
Kurt Busch over Bowyer -105 (3 units)
M. Ambrose over Almirola -120 (3 units)

Props:

T. Stewart finishing position UNDER 10.5 -115 (4 units closing parlay from Nationwide yesterday)

I've been doing well on the top 3 finishers bets but haven't done any yet...should have pounced on Harvick earlier as I knew he's good at this track and he's my horse to win the Championship this year. What else do we have out there???

Also like yours GP...I actually added the 88 and 42 for top 3's but hadn't posted yet. Also have Harvick top 3 +165 to close out a parlay from yesterday.

Looking at Vickers top 3 at +1350. He ran really well at Michigan last year (different tracks, I know) and is one of those guys that can drive the high groove. Thoughts anyone?