Login Search

PHOENIX---5mike5

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by SubjectMatterExp View Post
All this rain shortened bs really makes the sport look weak IMO no wonder why lots of people talk shit about nascar
Due kind of agree with this, was getting into the race and wanted to see the end; pretty anti-climatic!! I had Busch in a parlay and I still feel this way, although I had Harvick at 14-1 and would have liked to see if he could have pulled a miracle for those odds, even at risk of Busch loss. From what I've seen I imagine a lot of people in this thread agree since I think almost everyone had a piece of Harvick. Oh well need to figure out how to add to my parlay to pull a win.

Mike think you said you had an open parlay with Busch also, if you have time will you post up how you're closing out/adding to that parlay before the race tomorrow. May not follow blind but I respect your opinion and would like to see what you're doing before I try to close this thing out or add a play or two. Thanks!!

Yeah I always post all my plays before every race.

His is is only a 2 team parlay so ill just close with a combo prop winner probably. Gives me 2 extra drivers. But I won't know til all props are released by 11am or so.

Ill post it with all my other plays to win the race by themselves, and any other plays.

And I would never advise to blindly tail, even me in nascar. LOL. Jk. Always go with ur gut
Last edited by 5mike5; 03-01-14 at 07:11 PM.

Without giving away the farm (although feel free). What do you guys do to prep for a nascar race?

As in sites you hit up and when (When do you start looking at lines, and do you just follow the data that rolls in from practice, qualifying, etc?), what stats do you look at (for instance I just have only looked up practice and qualifying times. That Logan kid ran well obviously.) Do you guys use a system, betting strategy? (For instance, these guys have such high "value" if you will, you can afford to chase a bit without burning your bankroll - no idea how successful that really is though).

So, basically any tips on this shit would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
Yeah I always post all my plays before every race.

His is is only a 2 team parlay so ill just close with a combo prop winner probably. Gives me 2 extra drivers. But I won't know til all props are released by 11am or so.

Ill post it with all my other plays to win the race by themselves, and any other plays.

And I would never advise to blindly tail, even me in nascar. LOL. Jk. Always go with ur gut
Nice, glad to hear you post up your plays, wasn't sure. Do you typically play the Nationwide? What is a combo prop winner? Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
Without giving away the farm (although feel free). What do you guys do to prep for a nascar race?

As in sites you hit up and when (When do you start looking at lines, and do you just follow the data that rolls in from practice, qualifying, etc?), what stats do you look at (for instance I just have only looked up practice and qualifying times. That Logan kid ran well obviously.) Do you guys use a system, betting strategy? (For instance, these guys have such high "value" if you will, you can afford to chase a bit without burning your bankroll - no idea how successful that really is though).

I think we all have different strategies as mike apparently doesnt even watch practice and I couldnt imagine betting a race without watching practice. Some drivers perform better at different tracks and u can look up there past performances and stats at a site I use mrn.com.

We start looking at odds as soon as they come out for example carl edwards opened at 20-1 and this a very good track for him. I think about everyone bet him as he was down to 10-1 before practice ever started.

As far as systems go I dont have one and anytime ive ever chased it usually ended up badly. It took a while for me too learn not to chase, I couldnt accept a losing day at one point and went broke several times because of it.

Anyway Good Luck and Im sure so others will offer some tips for you as well

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post

Personally, driver stats at a particular racetrack are noteworthy but I also like to watch at least 2 of the previous races. There is so much that you have to keep track of that it can be mind boggling if you do not keep solid notes. Certain driver stats and history do not mean a thing if the track has been repaved or something significant has changed. Additionally stats can be misleading sometimes as well. If you watch the races, you may be able to tell a driver that had a chance to win but something bizarre happened like running out of fuel, cut tire, etc. So if you are just looking at stats, that driver may have finished 30th twice in a row but he may actually still run very well. Mike watches previous races more than anybody here but I think it may be one of the most important tools along with keeping notes. Obviously this process can be extremely time consuming. There are about two sites that I check to get additional input on their predictions but I cannot post a link in the forums. Perhaps you can PM me, and I can send it to you.

I spend no less than 25+ hours every single race week prepping for the cup race. Treat it just like a regular job. But we all do things different and think some things are important others think are not important at all.

i keep notebooks on every driver and every racetrack. Plus I watch several of the recent races. Stats are VERY deceiving in NASCAR. U can't look and say biffle finished 17th and that's it. He may have been winning and cut a tire with 9 laps left.
Like some1 said, watching practices, which imo is almost worthless. Different cars working on different things in diff tires, and they aren't racing at all or with cars racing beside them.

I started making big money when I stopped betting off practices. But they might help some but I rarely pay attention unless some1 is terrible. 1-lap practice charts are just meaningless. 10-lap averages is only thing I even glance at depending on The racetrack

It it took me years and years to get to my system of betting and researching what I personally think matters
Last edited by 5mike5; 03-01-14 at 11:15 PM.

I used to spend a lot of time on stats and trying to value each driver and head to head accurately.

It became a real chore to put together after a couple of years and got lazy and stopped. But this worked really well for me.

Too much to explain in detail but the metrics I tried to rate were;

Championship Rank
Driver Rating - season
Last Race Result
Last Race Here
2nd Last Race Here
Driver Rating at similar tracks (last 3 years)
Pre-Event Betting Odds
Practice 1
P1 Average
Qualifying
Practice 2
P2 Average
Practice 3
P3 Average
Pre-Race Odds

I'd have different weightings for each category at different tracks. Was basically just trying to create my own market then betting on those that rated high and had odds in my favor.

Told myself I was going to back into it this year...

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
I spend no less than 25+ hours every single race week prepping for the cup race.
I want to get that serious again. I still spend loads of hours here and reading etc. So may as well focus and work it like a job.