Login Search

PHOENIX---5mike5

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac926 View Post
I like it better for sure. But I think they should either let them cool down there engines or shorten it too a 10 min session.
Maybe 3 sessions, 20, 15 and 10 min would work better I think. No engine cooling guff.

Although I agree, let them use pit road coolers.

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
if these were the race setups it might mean something, but being its qualifying setups i dont think it matters

i dunno i just think its trying to get people interested in watching qualifying i guess...
What if they changed to having qualifying last thing after all practice is done, and then the cars have to start the race in the same setup they qualified in?

And you're right about them trying to make it more interesting. But I think thats ok as long as it encourages them to race for position and isnt some sort of lottery. Another effect will be a lot more TV minutes for each sponsor. Particularly the top 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac926 View Post
Larson impressive showing, I think he will be better in these high horsepower cars compared to the nationwide. Also think his driving style his very simular to Khanes.
My boy Jamie got too be surprise of the Q session, he had drifted to 100-1 before practice.
Hope you got some of that!

Yah would be better if it was after all practices and they used the race setup tires and compounded the cars. That's a good idea and actually I would watch cause u might actually learn something to help u come race time.

Thats ts why newbies get pounded I to the ground handicapping NASCAR. Cause they don't understand duringpractice teams and drivers are on diff agenda on almost every run.

looking great in practice and/or qualifying rarely mean anything at all when the green flag drops. Looking terrible can though.