Login Search

THE DAYTONA 500---5mike5

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueFox View Post
5mike, are you going to add Newman or stay put at your current lineup? BOL
i did add NEWMAN (+2800) but just as a COVER...

still may lose a few hundred but its close anyways, and even just tht but would help out HUGE

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
THE DAYTONA 500

To Win The Race:
MATT KENNSETH (+1150)
KEVIN HARVICK (+1400)
KURT BUSCH (+2000)
JAMIE McMURRAY (+2500)
CARL EDWARDS (+2850)

Super-Longshots:
AMBROSE (+7000)
GILLILAND (+15000)
RAGAN (+12000)
Following you on restrictors again this year.

Kenseth 10-1.
Harvick 10-1.
Kurt 15-1.
McMurray 28-1.
Edwards 25-1.
Newman 22-1.
Ambrose 60-1.
Ragan 100-1.
Field 26-1.

No Gilliland listed. Going with Field.

Good luck everyone. Lets go racing!

Quote Originally Posted by tsimmns View Post
No bets on today for me. I'm going to just enjoy the race and wait for yall's picks next week
never a bad move @ DAYTONA to just chill and watch til the real season starts @ PHOEXIX next week...I couldn't do it, but ...its not a week tp be blind;y tailing anybody cause were are all the darts here..even the sharpest fukker here (opti)

IMO, TALLADEGA is the much better of the 2 restrictor plate plate tracks...lots more action and so wide racing is great and literally any1 can win at that track...

but DAYTONA brings the best and most exciting finishes...both this weekend was amazing...few other other exibition races were too !

and lets face the facts, its DAYTONA, and not only that today is the DAYTONA 500 STARTING IN JUST 15 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by 5mike5; 02-23-14 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
whats the deal with the cars that have to go to the back?? The line up in qualifying position but have to let everyone pass them from the start?

For instance, Truex lines up in row but has to lag back?

Forgive my ignorance lol
Back up cars, engine replacement, etc.

If something major changed on the qualifying car, to the back you go.

whats the deal with the cars that have to go to the back?? The line up in qualifying position but have to let everyone pass them from the start?

For instance, Truex lines up in row but has to lag back?

Forgive my ignorance lol

Back up cars from wrecks or engine changes

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Back up cars, engine replacement, etc.

If something major changed on the qualifying car, to the back you go.

I get that but they actually start in their original postions right? Just have to let everyone pass from the start??
Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post

Back up cars from wrecks or engine changes

I get that but they actually start in their original postions right? Just have to let everyone pass from the start??

if u have to use a back-up car OR change engines after qualifying, then no matter if you were suppose to start 1st,

u go to the back of the field after lineup and b4 the green flag is thrown...

BUT don't worry if ur driver is going to the back of the field, that means absolutly NOTHING at this race...ALOT of the best drivers and champions will drift to the back on purrose to try and avoid the "BIG ONE" wreck of the day

as long as your ur doesn't wreck or blown-ups its engines and is on the lead lap within top 20 or so seconds with 10 to go, u have a chance to the 500...

Just keeping that car clean and out of trouble ALWAYS my main #1 objectives on all the drivers i bet on every plate race...

cause if u only lose 1 pick by halfway, ur doing GREAT
Last edited by 5mike5; 02-23-14 at 12:20 PM.

I usually like to look at the field odds. This week, not so good. 12/1 and you get Ambrose, Vickers, Danica, Ragan, and Waltrip. All 55/1 or worse.

actually, youwager offering 15/1. I'll try that for a little, not sure if worth it

they also have kenseth 10/1 so I'll add him

and jamie mac 25/1!

a lot of bets this week