Login Search

THE DAYTONA 500---5mike5

Last Post

I took Dillon +3500 and Biffle +2350 about a week ago. I really like those odds on Biffle as he is an under rated plate racer.

For anyone not extremely familiar with NASCAR betting, like Mike said these retrictor plate races are a crapshoot. Its all about getting the best odds at restrictor plate races. I will almost never take some at 10-1 odds or worse at these races because the playing field is so level in the draft. Yes there are a few guys that run really well at restrictor plate tracks but finishing well and winning is a big difference in the betting world. I personally think Dale Jr is the best at this racing but he has not won in nearly a decade at Daytona or Talladega (points races). Jr has finished 2nd in what 3 of the last 4 Daytona 500s? One of the next best restrictor plate racers IMO Tony Stewart has never won the 500. So just make sure you are getting great odds with your picks because even the best at this style racing can struggle to find victory lane.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

5mike5 gave JayHorne3 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by JayHorne3 View Post
I took Dillon +3500 and Biffle +2350 about a week ago. I really like those odds on Biffle as he is an under rated plate racer.

For anyone not extremely familiar with NASCAR betting, like Mike said these retrictor plate races are a crapshoot. Its all about getting the best odds at restrictor plate races. I will almost never take some at 10-1 odds or worse at these races because the playing field is so level in the draft. Yes there are a few guys that run really well at restrictor plate tracks but finishing well and winning is a big difference in the betting world. I personally think Dale Jr is the best at this racing but he has not won in nearly a decade at Daytona or Talladega (points races). Jr has finished 2nd in what 3 of the last 4 Daytona 500s? One of the next best restrictor plate racers IMO Tony Stewart has never won the 500. So just make sure you are getting great odds with your picks because even the best at this style racing can struggle to find victory lane.
this is the post of the year. I honestly haven't read a more one point post in this forum. Besides mine of course. Lmao. And this fukker even spells good!

Well said buddy well said

Quote Originally Posted by chase hardy View Post
What's you're early leans mike? I took Dillon Khane and hamlin a couple weeks ago.
I like those depending on the odds of course. I usually pick a guy and might bet him 4-5 times as odds shift and depending on the max bet I'm allowed.

I havent bet any of the guys u would think yet til odds post again. I took just a few. Great plate drivers that are huge underdogs. Like David ragan and David gilliland. Don't laugh either, remember ragan paid me and and lot of people that tailed him off me @150-1 just last year at the other plate track talladega. More longshots win there but Dayton any1 can do it too just it's just not near as easily do e at because its a narrow track.

For me, the real handicapping season starts next week after Daytona because luck doesn't play a big role. And I feel when I study for25- 30 hours for it I have the edge. As much as possible anyways. I don't do all that same intense hard work for Daytona. Ita a crapshoot. I use a list of drivers and swap a few guys depending on odds mostly. Maye 1 guy 12-1 or under only usually.

Now when the 2nd race starts the real season starts for guys like me. But damn Daytona is so exciting I bet just as damn much on it too.
Last edited by 5mike5; 02-17-14 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I know u gotta scratch that itch cause its been so long since bet nascar even tho mind tells ya not to bet as much but makes this race even more exciting..GL hope we all hit it this weekend
Ur exactly right WF. R u gonna throw a few darts pal?

they will probably put up the duel odds for those 2 races tomorrow

last tear i didnt even bet but 1 of them the odds were so bad imo for a plate race, hopefully they will be a little better this year

at least a few good longshots...if not i might just wat til the 500

but i ould love to see some parlable wins, but doubt that happens....might start a longshot Open parlay though....

Quote Originally Posted by Slimpickens View Post
Best of luck this Nascar season Mike!!! I will stick my head in here more often when the handicappable racing begins in Arizona.
whats up Slim!

yeah i dont blame u for sitting out ther crapshoot race this weekend, i just cant do it

see u in PHOENIX for week #2, when the handicapping really starts