Login Search

Its official- Chase changes

Last Post

Yeah I can't agree with just 26 races either Mati just for my $ making would take a 33% hit probably. No way to know just an example. my wallet can't handle that. I just came off the best chase I've ever had profit wise. Lol. Usually my weak point in the season though
Last edited by 5mike5; 02-01-14 at 07:36 PM.

Regarding the new format applied to 2013...

Eleven of the 13 winners would have qualified for the Chase. Stewart and Vickers would not since they didn't attempt to qualify for every race.
The five drivers making the Chase on points would have been Earnhardt, Bowyer, Kurt Busch, Gordon and McMurray.

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post

Eleven of the 13 winners would have qualified for the Chase. Stewart and Vickers would not since they didn't attempt to qualify for every race.
The five drivers making the Chase on points would have been Earnhardt, Bowyer, Kurt Busch, Gordon and McMurray.

Truex would've as he has a win and wouldn't of needed Bowyer spin

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post

Have you read the part where it's at NASCAR discretion if a driver has not attempted to qualify for every race. So if the chase field does not suit NASCAR they will just change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
So now penalties are ranging from P1-to P6 . if assessed a P6 and were race winner. win doesn't count towards chase
Oh gawd... seriously, these fukkers don't give a rats ass about racing. Real racing. Just manufacturing some more interest any way they can, for right now.

Basically what they are saying is, just like the at NASCAR discretion drivers who didnt attempt every race can still be in chase, this shit is simply to allow whatever decison suits the PR dept on the day to be enforced.

8 move on after Dega, but you could easily have 3 different chase winners in the 3 races.
3 + 5 out of 9 move on from Talladega.

Any driver who wrecks at Talladega and does not have a win somewhat likely to finish in the bottom half of the 9 who did not win a race in the segment.

Quote Originally Posted by Crony View Post
8 move on after Dega, but you could easily have 3 different chase winners in the 3 races.
3 + 5 out of 9 move on from Talladega.

Any driver who wrecks at Talladega and does not have a win somewhat likely to finish in the bottom half of the 9 who did not win a race in the segment.
agree, however if jj, denny and harvick get thru could be lights out for the rest..those next 3 tracks are easily those 3 in the final