Login Search

Its official- Chase changes

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
I agree we will see big name drivers miss chase. Will Gordon win a race
Do you guys really think there will be 16 winners...come on. They still get bonus points for wins...in some cases would ensure advance to next round. Unless you think danica is a big name driver, none of the top guys will miss...baring injury of cousre

Quote Originally Posted by uncle vinny View Post
Do you guys really think there will be 16 winners...come on. They still get bonus points for wins...in some cases would ensure advance to next round. Unless you think danica is a big name driver, none of the top guys will miss...baring injury of cousre

Not out of stretch at all. Brad went winless last year . Edwards had had years with zero wins. Bowyer also winless last year and add in new qualifying and yes we will see winless Drivers in top tier rides. Not a doubt in my mind

Sounds like no one here is favor of this and add me to the list. Honestly dont think the drivers like it either, but they have to be very careful with what they say.
My main concern is the betting standpoint, as nascar has been almost half my income for 10 years. The scary thing is how much will guys push their engines,tires,camber etc after they win one race. No matter how good a guy looks leading up to the race, if he has already won, he may be really pushing the limits with his car.
Hopefully it wont effect things too much, and I could definitely see more longshots coming in.

The winner take all last race is what is just making me sick. I guess you could say the patriots won every game and still went into the superbowl tied, but so many more variables in one stock car race to one football game. All in all I Hate it!!

Plus at chase cutoff last year we had 13 different winners. Not a stitch that could be more this year with rule changes
Definitely possible to have that many b4 the cutoff. Guys that win early are in the chase so believe me it won't be the effort to win like usual

ok was just reading under this new system had it been in place last year your champ would've been Dale jr

http://nascarnomics.com/appendix-points/
There we go, finally a reason!

Quote Originally Posted by uncle vinny View Post
Do you guys really think there will be 16 winners
I think that's what NASCAR wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac926 View Post
how much will guys push their engines,tires,camber etc after they win one race.
It's truly going to suck if we need to cap how likely a driver is to sandbag each week.

Plus it will suck for fans who turn up to a race to see their guy not try as hard as they could.

At least we have sponsor demands pushing them to keep trying. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
Definitely possible to have that many b4 the cutoff. Guys that win early are in the chase so believe me it won't be the effort to win like usual
Plus in my opinion some will win who didn't last year

Brad- He will win I do believe

Hamlin- should be a bounce back if healthy

Kurt- In much better equipment

Ambrose - always a road course threat

Bowyer- Not out of realm he wins one