Login Search

My Motorsport 2014

Last Post

Looks like you might have escaped near even Yis? As long as you didn't go too hard on that Ericsonn>Kobayashi bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
Took Kyvat for top 10 +175

and these head 2 heads

4/20/2014 3:00 AM Formula1 Motor Racing 7704 Sebastian Vettel* +105 vs Daniel Ricciardo
4/20/2014 3:00 AM Formula1 Motor Racing 7706 Valtteri Bottas* +110 vs Felipe Massa
4/20/2014 3:00 AM Formula1 Motor Racing 7712 Daniil Kvyat* +120 vs Jean-Eric Vergne
4/20/2014 3:00 AM Formula1 Motor Racing 7716 Esteban Gutierrez* +145 vs Adrian Sutil
4/20/2014 3:00 AM Formula1 Motor Racing 8005 Kevin Magnussen* +175 vs Jenson Button
4-2 +350

That'll do considering Alonso laughed at my prediction Ferrari would be in trouble, and so did the Force Indias.

Although the weather turned out warmer than expected helping decrease graining issues, which was a big part of thinking for fading both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by milehigh View Post
Opti:

once again your commentary was right on the mark. Made some good money off some round-robin betting once again on your H2H plays
Optional is the F1 god of our forum, along with Mati....

woukd listen to any1 else...and i mean nobody

Quote Originally Posted by milehigh View Post
Opti: Ready for analysis this week? :-)
Still 2 weeks away for Barcelona race!

I will say this though. Every team expects an aero update for the first european race and teams using Total fuel are expecting a formula change that is supposed to give a noticeable horsepower boost (red bull).

Will need to wait until after Friday practice at least to get a feel for who has what speed. Will be watching Williams closely. McLaren have a big package they have been talking about already too.

Quote Originally Posted by SubjectMatterExp View Post
Anything on the Indy car race?
yeah looks like trcj i almost dry...thats how bored i am im, wanted to watch some of it but though it satrted

any thougts on winners by anybody that follos INDY?

i sure dont

MU [7755] R HUNTER REAY -170 (R HUNTER REAY vrs S PAGENAUD)

and Rahal +110 over Briscoe, trying to lock this in

also, 17 listed drivers at youwager (many books have taken odds down by now), field 25/1

I get aleshin, rahal, servia, saavedra

so I'll try it.
Last edited by yisman; 04-27-14 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
Still 2 weeks away for Barcelona race!

I will say this though. Every team expects an aero update for the first european race and teams using Total fuel are expecting a formula change that is supposed to give a noticeable horsepower boost (red bull).

Will need to wait until after Friday practice at least to get a feel for who has what speed. Will be watching Williams closely. McLaren have a big package they have been talking about already too.
Yeah I was on a plane and misread the calendar--will check back in with you then

A couple of early thoughts for Barcelona.

This is going to be a really tough race to predict the pecking order with everyone having targeted the 2 week break and this race to bring their first true major upgrades of the year to each car. All we really have to go off is how confident the teams sound, for what thats worth. McLaren, Lotus and Sauber sound most confident about making big improvements. (although those three teams also have more ground to make up than most so they should)

Vettel will have a new chassis after the team said it was "possible" he had a crack somewhere that was affecting it. At very least it should help his confidence level, even if no crack was there.

All the teams and most of the drivers know this track better than any other, plus its a bit of a challenge to pass anyway, so qualifying order usually goes a long way to predicting finishing order.

Apart from Alonso winning from 5th last year and Schumacher winning from 3rd in 1996, all other 21 grands prix held here have been won from 1st or 2nd on the grid. So everyone focuses extra hard on qualifying.

Anyway enough rambling. A few early longshots in the dark.

Pole Winner

Hamilton is -185 and Rosberg +240

Again Mercedes should take pole but for the reasons stated above about the upgrades this is just terrible value imho.

If you must bet one them, Rosberg is very fired up to beat Hamilton, and claiming he is just as fast in the dry in race conditions (which is clearly delusional I think) and he will know qualifying ahead of his team mate is almost half the battle here. But I'd just forget both really.

This might sound crazy, but Grosjean at 450/1 for pole is worth a shot. This has been one of the best tracks for Lotus the last 3 years and Grosjean has qualified row 2 or 3 in his two attempts. I don't really expect Lotus to make the massive improvement required to knock Mercedes off in a straight battle... but I'd almost bet my house circumstances could see a strong post break Lotus win the pole here better than 1 in 50 attempts let alone 450.

Alonso at 35/1 and Hulkenburg at 150/1 are other ones over the odds imho.

Vettel and Ricciardo at 18/1 are probably around fair odds. The Red Bulls strength in the fast corners, Vettels new chassis, new fuel from Total and whatever other improvements Newey has come up with mean they might be a chance, but like anyone else will probably need the help of some luck going their way and against Mercedes.

Romain Grosjean +2500 for a Top 6 finish right now will prove to be awesome value if he qualifies anywhere in the top 10, if you want to take a risk on Lotus finally pulling it together as i do.

Also think No Retirement +3300 might be a shot this week in the First Driver Retirement market. (and No Safety Car if your book offers that)

Will have to watch practice and probably quali as well before making any sensible predictions. I'll be watching the McLaren and Lotus guys closely to see if they have made a jump in particular.

I really like this bet a lot the more I think about it, Romain Grosjean +2500 for a Top 6 finish.

As I said he only needs to qualify top 10 for it to be excellent value and honestly I'll be a bit shocked and disappointed if Lotus/Renault haven't finally got a working car. Which means a top 10 minimum in quali for them.