Login Search

My Motorsport 2014

Last Post

Yeah it's got me more excited for a new season than I have been for a few years too.

Just woke up so just catching up on whats gone on today. Still troubles for Red Bull by looks.

And BBC commentary says 'everyone' thinks the Marussia is the best looker!

Nice to see your face. I should have laid low too. Haven't been betting much, but what I have bet has been doomed.

The marussia looks the best because the black hides all the ugly! The caterham looks hideous!

RB in serious trouble right now. still can't string any laps together. Mclaren, merc and Ferrari wall with solid starts though which is good.

I couldnt help myself, took some futures earlier today.
2 units on Lewis @ 5
qtr unit on Alonso @ 6
2 units on Ferrari @ 5

Hard to know but I've been feeling Ferrari might be the sleeper too.

Too early for me for futures yet. Would think a good day from Red Bull and those prices will get better.

I see Horner and Newey already left the track, and only Renault car to do double figure laps just conked out again.

Saw an interview with a Lotus engineer yesterday who was explaining the issue as a software coding error. Sounded like the systems to pre-spin up the turbo, and release ERS to the crank just won't work without a lot of hours of recoding.

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
Hard to know but I've been feeling Ferrari might be the sleeper too.

Too early for me for futures yet. Would think a good day from Red Bull and those prices will get better.

I see Horner and Newey already left the track, and only Renault car to do double figure laps just conked out again.

Saw an interview with a Lotus engineer yesterday who was explaining the issue as a software coding error. Sounded like the systems to pre-spin up the turbo, and release ERS to the crank just won't work without a lot of hours of recoding.
Seems like multiple issues with the RB. 2 more weeks until the next test in Bahrain. It will be very interesting to see if they can start clocking up the miles.

Some stats on mileage over the 4 days:

Team Laps Km
Mercedes 309 1368
Ferrari 251 1111
McLaren 24 1084
Williams 175 774
Sauber 163 721
Force India 146 646
Caterham 76 336
Toro Rosso 54 239
Marussia 30 132
Red Bull 21 92

Engine Laps Km
Mercedes 875 3874
Ferrari 444 1966
Renault 151 668

I really think any team undercooked on preparation will struggle for atleast the first qtr of the season. I fear for Lotus performance as all the Renault teams struggling with engine integration. Having missed the first test completely I bet the are praying everything comes together smoothly!

How good is it to see Williams looking as good as anyone?!

Tough to overcome losing 33% of test time with a new car. Agree the Renault teams might be behind the 8 ball for at least a few races even if they solve the bulk of their issues before next test.

They'll be really farked if they roll out at Bahrain and don't have most of it right.

Very nice to see Williams up there. I doubt they will contend for the championship but it def looks like they could be regular point scorers this year. Seem to have a solid car to work with. They are very lucky to have signed with Merc, they look like geniuses now! I like the Massa/Bottas combo too - could be entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by SubjectMatterExp View Post
You two got any suggestions on f1 championship future bets?
My suggestion is to wait until Red Bull shows some testing reliability, so odds on Ferrari and Mercedes drivers improve, then back one or all of them.

I guess Alonso and Hamilton have to be the lead contenders from those 2 teams, but who knows if Kimi or Nico might find the new car and driving style suits them better.

MatI already took Alonso and Hamilton he said in post #17... and he's been better than me for last 2 years with F1 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
Opti do any of the Books you use post or have they posted Indy car futures yet
Nope.

TAB, Sportingbet, Uwin and Betfair don't have it yet, if they will cover it at all.

They have stuff like Rally and Speedway futures up, but no Indycar. Weird/sad for the series that people care even less about it than speedway futures...

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
Nope.

TAB, Sportingbet, Uwin and Betfair don't have it yet, if they will cover it at all.

They have stuff like Rally and Speedway futures up, but no Indycar. Weird/sad for the series that people care even less about it than speedway futures...
wonder if its because they don't have opener til March 30th