Login Search

Daytona 500 odds are out!!

Last Post

im spending this whole weekend and upcoming week getting all my notebooks transferred over for every driver and all tracks...lot of work but has to be done...actually still have to take homestead notes which is the wort...

all my tapes are already ready to go at least

ITS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
Cars hit the track for the first time today. If the rains stops.

Press conferences about to start live at 10.45am if anyone else wants to hear the off season gossip and some announcement from Helton

http://www.nascar.com/presspass
Should have seen Tony Stewart's presser today. Poor bugger sounds lost. Doubt we will see him back in a car before March or April at the earliest the way he was talking and looked when he tried to walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
That's strange not hearing he's behind recovery. He should have been fine to ride to start the season from that injury
He didn't make that prediction, I did. He just said he was assessing it each Sunday to see if it felt any better than the last and had no idea on time frame.

I had a compound Tib/Fib fracture at 18yo and was in a plaster cast for over 6 months, and not near 100% again for a year at least. So kind of expected he might take at least this long at his age from the start.

They joked that the conference was the longest period of time Smoke had ever made himself available to the media in one stretch. He was flat and not his usual positive self at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
Check out rusty Wallace feeling it out on the track today.
Looking now...

Funny how the NASCAR story on Tony has the exact opposite read to me

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...a-testing.html

First line says he had no detectable limp... which is total bullshit, he could barely walk and was totally stiff legged on the way out!

Anyway, I still back my call. Smoke is no chance for The Sprint Unlimited on Feb 15th.

Check out that story link and if anyone wants a 200 point bet on him starting in it, I'm up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
He may sit out unlimited but will race 500
Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
Why not opti I will bet 200 on it

You might be right. But if he isn't right for the unlimited I doubt things will change much in 2 weeks with that injury.

Lets make it 100 on each eh?