Login Search

Is it February yet? I'm in NASCAR withdrawal

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
Bah humbug ya old grump. ;-)
Sorry just a pet peeve of mine. We have had a total of about 3 great additions that are worthy and that's it since I joined here years ago and evey1 knows who they are. GP, jay, JackalLion, and I'm sure I missed 1-2 more if I think for a few minutes those just came to mind.

Then we get the usual 10-30 new know it alls that don't help every single year. And leave by march races. Srry but we have something very special I want to keep it that way.

I don't know why it's just annoying to have the clutter. I like our forum the way it is, runs, and profits,and no offense to anybody but we are already the cream if the crop and and don't need any1 else. LOL. And after they see that they all leave anyways.

Damn that does sound grumpy doesn't it.
Last edited by 5mike5; 01-20-14 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
Brillant anyone one new asks anything I'm just gonna say ask Mike
Lol! Apparently, I honestly dont see how you can be all that knowledgable about who wins most of these races, there a total crap shot most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
Lol! Apparently, I honestly dont see how you can be all that knowledgable about who wins most of these races, there a total crap shot most of the time.
Well I am.

Its much more than a crapshoot my friend. Newbies might think that like u used to myself. U just have to know what u are doing and put in long hrs every week doing the perperation work. Takes a very long time to get to where I can say that and I've proven it

U can't make the money every single year like i do if it was a crapshoot every or even most races.
Last edited by 5mike5; 01-20-14 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
Well I am.

Its much more than a crapshoot my friend. Newbies might think that like u used to myself. U just have to know what u are doing and put in long hrs every week doing the perperation work. Takes a very long time to get to where I can say that and I've proven it

U can't make the money every single year like i do if it was a crapshoot every or even most races.
I hear you do you actually pick outright winners or do group bets,like say when you pick one driver out of a group of drivers to get the best finish in the race.

If you fellas just want to make picks on your own, thats cool.

My system is picking around. 4-5 drivers depending in odds. And also take several longshot added on to those other picks. Its a system I came up with myself after not making $ for first few years if betting on it and have made great $ every since. 5-6 years in a row. It's more to it than just picking a few I spend about 25-35 hours every week on each upcoming race. Have notebooks on every single driver and racetrack and watch past races b4 the week from last 4-5 races at each weeks track. It's really pretty complicated system and of course a lot depends on the odds. If u stick around it will be easier to understand when the season starts. Also not for bettors that just play smaller cause it really works best if ur willing to risk a lot most every weeks. Is not for everybody but its worked for me for years so I stick with it. It has ups and downs like everything , but at the seasons end I've always made great $ using the system. But again, I spend easily 25+ hours prepping every single week for every race.

I also use use a cover bet about 1/2 the time but too hard to explain right now and a lot of others started using that too. Kinda like if that pick wins u push and break even for the race

Like u said lots of variables in NASCAR,( like all sports really) and anything can happen. But there's also ways to have a leg up looking at past history at tracks, tires, watching previous races, ect. Like you know. The only crapshoot are plate races, and even those u can get an edge on but still those I even consider crapshoots. But boy they pay well! We hit raga at 150-1 last season even. But there was a reason I picked him also, wasn't a guess. Well over 1/2 the wins are 12-1 and worse odds winners. Betting favs will kill u in this sport

Most people just look at driver stats like where drives finish races and practice times and qualifying which are the BIGGEST mistakes gamblers make capping this sport BY FAR

This group of 6-8 regulars are the best there is. Period. We don't all bet the same or use the same system to do so. But they ALL are the most knowledgable NASCAR guys I've ever seen and I learn a lot and have gotten a lot better with them here.

im not a guru i need their help almost weekly. We are a team, but never all have the same picks or anything. But I put in a lot of work to be good at this sport. Be it, I'm not good at any other sport though. Average at football and dont even at any others really. Lol. I've only made maybe 4 total bets all NASCAR offseason cause I have to be $ smart til NASCAR starts up again
Last edited by 5mike5; 01-20-14 at 08:17 PM.

I also make tweaks to my system pretty much every year.

Lasy at season I started playing open 2-3 a lot open parlays with only big odds picks and make an absolute killing off those so I'm gonna add that in as well tho season. Those are fun, cheap, and almost all payout between 20 and 45 to 1 odds. Adds up fast only laying 50-100 on them a week. Only try 2 a week usually.

And I think we only lost maybe 6-7 nationwide races the entire year only picking 2 or maybe 3 drivers if we added a longshot at most every week besides the plate race.

I mean we couldn't miss on the nationwide series. Brought us ALL in a boat load of money every week of the season almost

Wow so you put quite alot of of work into your picks,im willing to give it a try,still got a big bet on Denver to win the SB if they come through ill have abit of doe to play with for the Nascar Season.

I use to do the Nascar Futures but there really isnt alot of value in them,Johnson is always the heavy favourite going into the season.

You had Ragan at 150-1 seriously,jesus what other Sport can you win with those sorts of odds. How much did you guys end up winning.

Ive been following Nascar for a very along time so im heavy into the Sport. I wouldnt be here and then gone the next,if you need me to contribute im totally down for that,whatever suits you.

Which Book do you guys use for the Nascar,I use Bet365 for mine,I think they do the Nationwide.
Last edited by packerd_00; 01-20-14 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
Wow so you put quite alot of of work into your picks,im willing to give it a try,still got a big bet on Denver to win the SB if they come through ill have abit of doe to play with for the Nascar Season.

I use to do the Nascar Futures but there really isnt alot of value in them,Johnson is always the heavy favourite going into the season.

You had Ragan at 150-1 seriously,jesus what other Sport can you win with those sorts of odds. How much did you guys end up winning.

Ive been following Nascar for a very along time so im heavy into the Sport. I wouldnt be here and then gone the next,if you need me to contribute im totally down for that,whatever suits you.

Which Book do you guys use for the Nascar,I use Bet365 for mine,I think they do the Nationwide.

5 Dimes my friend. The Ragan bet was the only long shot I didn't play

When I saw it I was like this mofo is crazy to think he can win....well he did....won a lot of $$$