Login Search

Is it February yet? I'm in NASCAR withdrawal

Last Post

Geez, do they have a drunken party and think up a new points system each NYE at NASCAR HQ?!

I like the idea of encouraging wins... but what happens for motivation to win a 2nd race? Or even run well after you are locked in. Can see plenty of teams that could see a win as an excuse to save money until the chase starts.

And having a whole 36 race season come down to 1 race, no matter how well you do in the other 35... yuk.

If NASCAR wants to generate more interest in the sport, a chase playoff and/or mixing up the points standings is not the solution.

How can NASCAR attract more fans, specifically a younger demographic? By doing one thing, if they can just get them to attend their first race. How do they do that? Lower the admission prices for all three series to a price point where every seat is sold.

After that first race, most folks are hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
Geez, do they have a drunken party and think up a new points system each NYE at NASCAR HQ?!

I like the idea of encouraging wins... but what happens for motivation to win a 2nd race? Or even run well after you are locked in. Can see plenty of teams that could see a win as an excuse to save money until the chase starts.

And having a whole 36 race season come down to 1 race, no matter how well you do in the other 35... yuk.

Still get bonus points for wins. Ask Edwards how those matter. No issue with elimination as it always works out as usually after 4 or 5 chase races it's down to 3-4 drivers .

Opti thought you'd like 1 road course win and Ambrose in chase

Quote Originally Posted by uncle vinny View Post
What more do you need? This idea is ridiculous. If they don't want Jimmy to win, change the tracks. After one race there will be more then 4 eliminated. With 1 to go you have 4 possible Winners. How does that promote consistency? Motor racing championship should never be a coin toss.
what more I needed was to read it. Lol.

Not gonna happen anyways but sounds rediculous. But they always come up with stupid ideas that never pan out to reality

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
We are getting closer and closer to Daytona
oh hell yes. I'm ready, setup, and just trying pass my time everyday.

Time for all the big $ to start its yearly migration to my bank account. If u look out at a certain time of night u may catch a glimpse of it. LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
NASCAR considering overhaul of points, Chase
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...nts-chase.html
NASCAR opened a can of worms with Boyer’s spin out, nobody wants to race hard if it means getting involved with a Chase contender. Good example was Talladega, nobody wanted to get involved with Johnson or Kenseth at the end, making it an easy win for McMurray.

A great Chase race makes for a uneventful race.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post

Still get bonus points for wins. Ask Edwards how those matter. No issue with elimination as it always works out as usually after 4 or 5 chase races it's down to 3-4 drivers .

Opti thought you'd like 1 road course win and Ambrose in chase
Ha... Been saying to Mike I suspect this will be my boys last year. Unless he can win a lot more than 1 road race.

I think he would receive so much derision getting in on 1 win and no other results it wouldn't be worth it anyway.

But you're right the eliminations would not really make much difference, top 8 left after 6 races is plenty... it's the last race being between 4 on equal points that sucks the most.

Imagine how much money/work/time will go into a special car for that race. And the temptation to push the boundaries. It would be a big chance the "champ" of the race would be disqualified I think. If they are honest with inspections for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
oh hell yes. I'm ready, setup, and just trying pass my time everyday.

Time for all the big $ to start its yearly migration to my bank account. If u look out at a certain time of night u may catch a glimpse of it. LMAO
Just saw the money truck leaving Fort Worth and headed to TN
Give Points

Points Awarded:

5mike5 gave DDT 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

the only part i really hate is the winner take all on the last race between the last 4 drivers standing

that just might be the dumbest thing i may have ever heard in my entire life....

leave it alone nascar u idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Good point.

Also, I think it would encourage manipulation of race finishes by teams, just not as blatantly as MWR did last year.

It would be conceivable that a driver with a win could be told prior to a race that if he is racing a teammate for the lead late in the race, it would be in the best interest of the team if he let the other driver win.