Login Search

My Motorsport 2013

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
Rumours have it mclarwn dumping perez seems a bit harsh
turning into the busiest silly season in a long time.

Seems more than harsh, seems silly unless there is yet another major driver change to come as a surprise.

One of the least predictable silly seasons i can remember. Still so many seats to be decided.

Happy Massa will still be around, im not a big fan but he seems like one of the good guys and has driven well just never consistant. Such a surprise with Perez/Magnussen but I guess McLaren have nothing to lose with a 'gap year' until they team up with Honda.

hopefully hulkenburg ends up at Lotus, not sure where Perez will land. Force India maybe? Seems like someone is going to miss out on a decent mid grid drive once the music stops.

Yeah I'd like to see him get a drive as a non-#2 like Barrichello had.

Best part is the sign that Williams might be starting a comeback. Been starting to fear they would be a bottom of the grid team forever now.

Lotus would be mad to miss Hulk if he can be convinced they will pay. But agree Perez would make an easy 2nd option for them.

I'd hate to be left with Force India as the only choice if I was in that crowded middle tier of drivers. Prefer to be in the Sauber at this stage. Trust them to build a decent car on limited funds more than FI, on top of the good form they are ending this year with.

How do you think Ricciardo will fare against Vettel? Better or worse than Webber by this time next year?

I hope better but I always thought Webber was pretty handy so will be very surprised if he doesnt get wiped in both quali and race finsihes same as mark or worse.

Not sure I see much sign of Williams improving too much. They are talking it up but reminds me of when they signed Barrichello. Lots of home, but without improved funding not sure how much they can move up the grid. At least Massa/Bottas should be a fairly solid line up. I like Bottas.

It's hard to say how Riccardo will go isnt it. Webber def has an issue with getting the most out of the Pirelli tyres, he has constantly talked about struggling to get the fronts working to his liking. Ricciardo doesn't seem to have those same issues, probably helps he doesnt know any other f1 tyre except for the Pirelli. My feeling is because of this he will be close then Webber. Getting close enough to beat him more often then not, im not so sure, but doubt he will embarrasses himself.

Did daylight saving just start in UK Shaun?

Got tricked thinking P1 was starting now somehow, despite knowing full well it's only 7.00am in Austin.

Like the classy and confident way Perez is handling his single term ride and the future.