Login Search

My Motorsport 2013

Last Post

La Stampa says Game Over for Ferrari as RBR perfect difusser

24/09/2013
Game over Ferrari

Technical point: the Red Bull has managed to create the aerodynamic effect in a legal manner prohibited by the regulation. For opponents, the Ferrari down, no match
The triumph of Vettel in Singapore reduced nearly to zro the hopes of Ferraari. In technical point of Paul Filisetti here is how does the Red Bull to go so strong, especially in circuits with high downforce.

"After qualifying, we had noted what was the technical gap that separated Red Bull and Ferrari, analyzing RB9 the fact that you are in the course of the season proved to be an extremely long-lived cars, in terms of margins of development. We have alleged, among the causes who made this possible, the cast of technical regulations in recent years. Such opinion, after the race in Singapore, is even more strengthened, and at the same time the result, but also the way in which Vettel won, provide us confirmation that a clue on which we had based our ratings starting from Monza, proved exactly the key point of the competitiveness of RB9. I am referring to the speaker that was changed between Spa and Monza, now presented in its final form. In particular, this element is deeply modified in the side channels, where, in particular in correspondence of the outer, its terminal part diverges strongly outward, creating a true venturi profile.
Looking at the detail of this change on the starting grid at Monza and then here in Singapore, it was possible to note how its middle section is perfectly integrated to the position of the tailpipes, while the side sections correspond exactly to the position of "skirts heat "generated by the discharges themselves. In essence, it is clear that this element has been optimized to create that blow otherwise prevented by regulatory measures that tended specifically to avoid that produce this effect. In essence the RB9 are equipped with a diffuser fed to perfection by the air flow that is channeled into it using the heat of the exhaust gas.
Of course this is a completely regular, not at all comparable to the double diffuser of Brawn GP in 2009. The effects, however, against all opponents are devastating. The Red Bull on a high downforce track traveling on the tracks, with a speed of cornering is superior to others. Basically in Milton Keynes have reduced the time transient at best, relying on optimum traction in all conditions. Such a superiority that leaves annihilated especially at this point of the season, where usually the gaps tend to decrease rather than increase. For Ferrari, still mathematically in the title fight, it remains a moral obligation not to give up, to seize the opportunity in the event of defaillance opponent. The failure of the change of Webber, in fact, may be an alarm bell for reliability, but realistically in Maranello know that they can not rely on this assumption in the next six Grands Prix. Technically speaking, the race in Singapore has ruled the GAME OVER. "

http://translate.google.com/translat...%2Fpagina.html

Thanks for posting that Opti. I can't disagree with him either, I am definitely off the Merc bandwagon now.

While RBR looked great at Spa & Monza, I still thought they had just found the 'sweet spot' for low downforce tracks and Merc would be back on the pace with them back on on high downforce but RBR - or should I say Vettel, is what ahead right now.

Don't forget, MotoGP this weekend too mate.

btw, wish we had some Indycar. These big breaks between races kill the championship!

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
Thanks for posting that Opti. I can't disagree with him either, I am definitely off the Merc bandwagon now.

While RBR looked great at Spa & Monza, I still thought they had just found the 'sweet spot' for low downforce tracks and Merc would be back on the pace with them back on on high downforce but RBR - or should I say Vettel, is what ahead right now.

Don't forget, MotoGP this weekend too mate.

btw, wish we had some Indycar. These big breaks between races kill the championship!
Exactly the same, surprised Vettel was still so far ahead. And think there's no chance of anyone catching up this year after whatever they managed to improve this time.

I think this line is what prompted me to actually repost that though. " For Ferrari, still mathematically in the title fight, it remains a moral obligation not to give up, to seize the opportunity in the event of defaillance opponent."

I like the way Italians think about F1.

Re MotoGP... I haven't thought about it yet, but after last race was thinking I would just stick with Lorenzo for next couple of events.

got any sage advice about that?

I see he topped FP1

Truck odds...

Just not sure this week. Usually feel strong about truck capping.

Trucks Smith's 350
Sat 9/28 12:00PM

Ty Dillon +525
James Buescher +550
Ryan Blaney +575
Matt Crafton +775
Timothy Peters +775
Jeb Burton +875
Field (any other driver) +1000
Johnny Sauter +1100
Brendan Gaughan +1500
Joey Coulter +1700
Miguel Paludo +2200
Darrell Wallace Jr +2200
Ross Chastain +2200
Ron Hornaday +2700
German Quiroga +3300
Chad Hackenbracht +3300

Nice odds for Lorenzo. Just read his post FP2 comments now - he isnt very happy with the setup of the bike. I think it will still be close between the two though.

I am still not sure what/if I will take anything. I was thinking it would be a coin flip between the two and maybe better off finding a good head to head.

Glad I missed a quali bet too. Would have had to take Lorenzo based on the odds.

Had a great day up here too. Not GF related but just good. Backed Hawks by 1-39 so happy there too.

I went for a nap about 8pm and not been back up long, ready and raring for some Nationwide. Stumped about what to bet though. Can suck it up and take the small "easy" money on Kyle, maybe with a saver on Joey, or just have a couple of small bets on long shots and enjoy the race. Even head 2 heads looked tough to find a dog with a chance yesterday. Hoping something happens in quali to shake the market up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
Glad I missed a quali bet too. Would have had to take Lorenzo based on the odds.

Had a great day up here too. Not GF related but just good. Backed Hawks by 1-39 so happy there too.

I went for a nap about 8pm and not been back up long, ready and raring for some Nationwide. Stumped about what to bet though. Can suck it up and take the small "easy" money on Kyle, maybe with a saver on Joey, or just have a couple of small bets on long shots and enjoy the race. Even head 2 heads looked tough to find a dog with a chance yesterday. Hoping something happens in quali to shake the market up a bit.
Logano in that hot ass #22 AND winning last 3 NW races in a row from Dover tough to go against....him and Kyle have just been such easy money....

im on both, early and might add even more, or start a weekend parlay also with logano just not sure yet, or maybe kyle who knows til i see what their odds are come racetime.

UNLESS i start up a Open +odds H2H weekend parlay, thats definitely the only 2 im taking for the Win...just cant see any body else in the field with even a chance at the win barring something crazy happening or kyle AND Logano both having some kind of mechanical issue or wreck
Last edited by 5mike5; 09-28-13 at 10:22 AM.

Not sure I have an option to take both not getting openers like you Mike.

I agree both Joey and those Penske rocket ships in form hard to go against, so thinking I'll probably just end up with him by default.

Be nice if they both have issues and start from the back!

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
Damn, I missed the start. Fell asleep watching replay of Moto Qual.

Atleast there is trucks to come still...
LOL... I missed the end. Was a bit of a yawner of a race.

Ty Dillon looking string in trucks... although have trouble taking him. Went with Crafton.

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
did crafton look strong in sessions opti?

i know they mean more for truck series usually
Not really Mike. From what I could tell from Twitter feed and one article he was working on long runs. Going for him mainly on the previous form at track. And current series form.