Login Search

Tgm - nrl 2014

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gerry Mander View Post
Stats support it and I had pencilled this in during the week.
Only concern is the new coach and the Warriors should come out better in defence.
The Bulldogs have also come off a very physical match last week.
And it is being played in a different country.

Plenty of points scored in the NYC.
The NSW cup game was a grindfest though.

7 of the last 10 at all venues have gone over this total.
8 of the last 10 in NZ have gone over this total.
AND it went under by 1 on the closing price of 42.5 so the moral of the story is the people who took the opener of 40.5 won
Money pushes lines , if you miss you the value has gone. No better indicator of this then here. I myself was on the closer ( lack of urgency costs money )

Keep going TGM you are the Premier NRL capper on SBR

Week 6

#31 Roosters -6 @ $1.90 (BET 365) - 2 UNITS - [LOSS]
#32 Sharks +10.5 @ $1.92 (IASBET) - 1 UNIT - [LOSS]
#33 Panthers/Rabbitohs OVER 36 @ $1.90 (BET 365) - 1 UNIT - [LOSS]

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Week

Bets Placed: 3
Bets Won: 0
Bets Push: 0
Bets Lost: 3
Strike Rate: 0%
Units Wagered: 4
Units Loss: (4)
ROI: -100%

----------------------------------------------------------------------
YTD

Bets Placed: 33
Bets Won: 21
Bets Push: 1
Bets Lost: 11
Strike Rate: 63%
Units Wagered: 32
Units Profit: 8.33
ROI: 26%

Absolutely awful week last round.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Obviously the Roosters are struggling for combinations this year and I picked the wrong time to play a 2 unit on them.
Unlucky on the Panthers total play - they had so much ball in Souths 20m zone and couldn't post any points.
The greasy conditions did not help but I still think it was the right play.

Round 7 plays to follow.....

Quote Originally Posted by angelo63 View Post
AND it went under by 1 on the closing price of 42.5 so the moral of the story is the people who took the opener of 40.5 won
Money pushes lines , if you miss you the value has gone. No better indicator of this then here. I myself was on the closer ( lack of urgency costs money )

Keep going TGM you are the Premier NRL capper on SBR
Yep, exaclty!
Couldn't have said it better myself Angelo.
Thanks for your kind words.

Just to reiterate the point.
I really like the Broncos this week @ Newcastle.
Of the last 3 games in Newcastle, the Broncos are 2 wins and 1 draw.
Of the last 6 games overall, the Broncos are 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss.
Broncos record in Newcastle is excellent.
They opened at +4, but are now into +2 at most books.
NEVER take a worse line.
It is now a NO PLAY for me, now matter how appealing the game looks.
You'll be surprised how many times you get done by a worse line.

Sharks have a decent record at home and they've fared very well against the Roosters there.
They are 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss against the Chooks in their last 6 games at Shark Park.
Catching +8 here is a great spot, especially at home where they at least have been competitive.
The Roosters have the ANZAC day game against the Dragons to look forward to, so there may be a look ahead spot.
Their form has been off - they are losing close games that last year they were winning.
They are still getting caned by the referees and this season it is affecting their performances.
The Sharks are a dismal 2-4 ATS this season, but the Roosters are a horrible 1-5 ATS.
The Roosters should win but i expect a tight tussle between two desperate teams which means a big start like this will help the hapless Sharks.
Both teams are also UNDERS magnets and I would not be surprised if this stays under too.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieH View Post
For today going for two overs and the under in the broncos game.
I like UNDER in all 3 games today.
I saw the Cowboys team at the airport yesterday.
Spoke to a few of the players.
Their defence has been great this season - they are fully aware that they need to do more in attack.
I just think that with DCE out for Manly and the game being at Gosford, it becomes a grind so I am expecting a very close game.

As for Bulldogs/Rabbits - these games are notoriously close, especially the Good Friday clash.
Both teams are great defensive teams and are good at choking opposition.
I can see something like 18-12 or 14-8

Perfect day in Sydney for attacking football, should be a good crowd. I expect Souths and Bulldogs to go over and think Souths at nearly even odds here is a play also despite their outs.

No solid read on the other games, lean towards Manly. NQ are a terrible away team and Manly easily accounted for them by 20 same venue last year.