Login Search

RealDeal AFL 2014

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by TEAMSPORTS View Post
hey mate like your take on the Sydney/Hawks game with the sorta middle - will be following on that, also jumped on west coast when -50 earlier in the week - think they will smassh em - dockers game will be interesting, should be low scoring and close i'd think, lot of motivation for dockers... GL
Thanks mate, I think Sydney will play great footy tonight and it will be a tough fought game. West Coast will be up and about for this game, LeCras/Wellingham/Ellis strengthens their side - they have such a potent forward line they should produce goals this week not points.

Week 8 Results

1x Sydney +15.5 ($1.92 @ sportsbet)

1x Hawks 1-39 ($2.10 @ sportsbet)
1x Fremantle 1-39 ($2.90 @ sportsbet)
1x Fremantle +9.5 ($1.92 @ sportsbet)

1x Western Bulldogs -16.5 ($1.92 @ sportsbet)
2x West Coast -46.5 ($1.92 @ sportsbet)

2x Dockers +11.5 ($1.92 @ sportsbet)
1x Dogs 1-39 ($2.00 @ sportsbet)
1x Eagles 1H -25.5 ($1.90 @ sportsbet)
1x Carlton 1-39 ($2.15 @ sportsbet)

Week 8 AFL Plays 6-4 // +1.73 Units
Week 8 OVERALL: 6-4 // +1.73 Units

AFL Plays Record: 42-34 // +15.86 units

DT Record: 7-4 // +2.635 units

OVERALL RECORD: 49-38 // +18.495 units
Last edited by therealdealau; 05-13-14 at 01:37 AM.

Week 8 Review

I'm happy to have a winning week, the games went in line with my thinking bar one which cost me a really profitable weekend. I wish I went with my gut more instead of being scared and doing a mini hedge with Hawks 1-39, I was really confident that the Swans would come to play. They looked impressive, I will be looking to ride them from here on. Fremantle was disappointing, I really thought they would go blow for blow with Port and put them under enough pressure to keep it close or sneak a win. The run and gun of Port was too much in the fourth, Freo looked slow and dead in the water. Melbourne had a really spirited go against the Dogs, I didn't think they would be as competitive as they were - however the Dogs ended up pulling away with a win and covering for me which was lucky.

The saving grace of my weekend was definitely West Coast, who bounced back incredibly from their derby loss. They are a team with great fire power (Kennedy/Lecras/Darling/Cox), against such a young team at home I thought they were always going to blow them out. An important note is that in losses GWS allow opposition key scoring players to bag large hauls of goals.

N.Riewoldt 5.1
S.Crameri 4.0
P.Dangerfield 5.2
T.Lynch 5.1
J.Schulz 6.0
J.Kennedy 11.0

Sportsbet has a market "pick your own goal", it could be profitable to start looking at that market for teams with only a few key scoring guys.

Round 10 - GWS vs Richmond - Jack Reiwoldt
Round 11 - GWS vs Hawthorne - Gunston/Bruest (I think Roughead will be banned this game)
Round 15 - GWS v Sydney - Tippet/Franklin

What do you guys think?

I am also on twitter now!

Whats the pick your own goal market? I may be blind, but I can't see it.

You'd also think the lines would allow for the fact that everyone kicks bags vs GWS and that they concede 140 points a game! They always juice these markets as well, so you'll be paying a premium.

Strangely enough, Brisbane concede nearly 130 per game and no one has kicked a bag against them yet. The most is Breust with 5 in round 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Whats the pick your own goal market? I may be blind, but I can't see it.

You'd also think the lines would allow for the fact that everyone kicks bags vs GWS and that they concede 140 points a game! They always juice these markets as well, so you'll be paying a premium.

Strangely enough, Brisbane concede nearly 130 per game and no one has kicked a bag against them yet. The most is Breust with 5 in round 1.
It comes up under "Player Markets" - I think they put this out closer to the game maybe on the Friday? You can get odds on the player to kick 3, 4, 5 or 6 goals at various odds. You may be getting juiced on the 3-4 goals but the 5-6 goal hauls are usually pretty tasty.

I think it comes down to their key tall defenders/defensive structures, they just dont have anyone remotely good enough to run with top big forward targets. The outlier to this is Dangerfield however Jenkins kicked 4 in that game as well.