Login Search

MiddleMan's AFL thread

Last Post

By the way read an Interesting article about how the online bookies are closing down winning bettors. Even. When the bettors are betting in agencies they are trying to turn them away. Only interested in people having losers on their books. If I can find the link will post it. It was in a major Aussie newspaper

Quote Originally Posted by aussieH View Post
By the way read an Interesting article about how the online bookies are closing down winning bettors. Even. When the bettors are betting in agencies they are trying to turn them away. Only interested in people having losers on their books. If I can find the link will post it. It was in a major Aussie newspaper
Yep that's been pretty common knowledge for a while and it's probably going to get worse I'm already limited at 3 bookies.

What sort of middles do you don't get near. Eg afl total points or nba player Or are they all fair game
Well you have to have an idea about the probabilities of those middles hitting. AFL totals can be difficult to find as most books will have similar lines within a few points. With scores of 100+ points you're going to need a fairly wide spread to make the bet worthwhile. NBA player props can be very profitable, I had 3-4 going in the first day of playoffs today. NFL player props can be good as well but require a couple of minutes trawling player stat pages to get a rough hit % (much like what Middleman provides in his analysis of past hit rates.)

I have never attempted middles on total points in a sporting game unless it is affected by weather. I.E. Outdoor conditions.

I have attempted two only in my life, one which I posted here a few weeks ago (Brisbane v Geelong). Bookies take a while to adjust their totals when rain has been forecast, so you can gain an advantage that way.

Quote Originally Posted by thecattery12 View Post

Yep that's been pretty common knowledge for a while and it's probably going to get worse I'm already limited at 3 bookies.
I am interested in taking this further.
There was someone on Alan Jones a few weeks ago talking about the same thing.
The NT government is basically doing nothing to discourage the practice and it is a form of discrimination.

Would any of you guys be willing to document your issues and forward a petition?
I'm sure AJ would like to take the fight the the NT govt and the online bookies domiciled there.