Login Search

Kentucky derby thread thoughts and predictions . Keep it going only derby picks

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
mike how did they draw this year, i didnt see, do they , pick from a container and they go right down the line, example, post 1 they pick and pull out a horses name.....or do the ask pick and see who has first pick, and they ..the owner /trianer pick the spot...if so who had first pick
Random draw. They changed it last year from a system where a Horse was drawn and the connections had the option to pick the post.

mike ,what are your post, the one's you like the most, do you like where wicked is at 20 where would you prefer him to be, im just trying to get a read on this
Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
they pick a name(horse) and a pill(post)

It's random..no one gets to choose anything

Vicars In Trouble drew #1 right off the bat

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
mike ,what are your post, the one's you like the most, do you like where wicked is at 20 where would you prefer him to be, im just trying to get a read on this
No don't like the 20 spot.He can still win as 2 of the last 5 winners have had the far outside post and 3 of last 5 came from aux gate but hard to take single digits.Will still use him but now looking toward Danza/Medal Count over Wicked Strong ,Hoppertunity,and Intense Holiday.

PPs still not up yet so nothing set in stone

what do you mean they arent up yet ???the PPS
No don't like the 20 spot.He can still win as 2 of the last 5 winners have had the far outside post and 3 of last 5 came from aux gate but hard to take single digits.Will still use him but now looking toward Danza/Medal Count over Wicked Strong ,Hoppertunity,and Intense Holiday.

PPs still not up yet so nothing set in stone

thats what i call a brain fart, i was thinking post numbers.. ....da

as far as your comment about battag....morning lines, what do you like the most and whats the worst, i think wicked strong 8-1 should be higher, cc 5/2 to low then you go to hopp at 6-1 i was watching some past derbys, and i saw that if you have post 16-20 and some speed, its not that bad, post 1-5 your buried, ....at least with wicked strong he should stay out of trouble....
past performances aren't out yet