Login Search

Kentucky derby thread thoughts and predictions . Keep it going only derby picks

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Draynay View Post
To bet on CC in the Derby The horse has been racing against Maidens and a few with 1 win in 4 horse fields..... CC has no business being a Derby favorite...... none....
OK, I completely get trying to take a shot against the favorite in a 20 horse field, and I get the reasons why you don't like CC. But he is the only Derby contender to run consistantly well in the last few months. Who else "has business being the Derby favorite?"

california chrome

Track Date Race Race Type Finish Chart Video
Santa Anita 4/5/2014 8 Santa Anita Derby - Gr. 1 1
Santa Anita 3/8/2014 5 San Felipe Stakes - Gr. 2 1
Santa Anita 1/25/2014 10 California Cup Derby 1
Betfair Hollywood Park 12/22/2013 10 King Glorious Stakes 1
Santa Anita 11/1/2013 3 Golden State Juvenile Stakes 6
Del Mar 9/4/2013 8 Del Mar Futurity - Gr. 1 6
Del Mar 7/31/2013 7 Graduation Stakes 1
Betfair Hollywood Park 6/15/2013 8 Willard L. Proctor Memorial Stakes 5
Betfair Hollywood Park 5/17/2013 8 Maiden Special Weight 1
Betfair Hollywood Park 4/26/2013 2 Maiden Special Weight 2

Draynay, how much money did you lose wagering against California chrome? You are just like a little girl who lost her doll. Just who do you think is going to win the Derby? Enough mouthing off about who you think will lose. If you knew anything about the Derby (and it is obvious that you do not), then you would know that other than illness or injury, which cannot be predicted, or the weather, which can change there at a moments notice, the most important thing about the Derby is the Post Draw. Draw #1 and you are in major trouble. #2 is not exactly great either. Post position can dictate what each of the horses who decide to run must do at the start. If Chrome is 5/2 before the Post Draw, and Draws PP 1, he goes up to 4/1 or greater.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

Slimpickens gave BigdaddyQH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Been lurking here for a while, but I had to sign up to respond to this. WTF is your problem? How about having a civil discussion, instead of acting like a holier-than-thou douchebag? Everyone in this thread is simply giving an opinion, and doing it respectfully. Then you jump in and completely hijack the thread with this crap? You don't like California Chrome. Great. How about explaining why, without disrespecting others opinions, and using those gay ass emoticons?

Quote Originally Posted by Draynay View Post
The way CC won ? You mean by running in races lacking and true speed horses ? In the mighty SA Derby he stalked a Maiden that has never come close to winning a race. You like the way he beat a Maiden ? It's the way he did it ? Constitution ran down the Hutcheson and FOY winner when no one else was able to.... he beat Cairo Prince and a few weeks earlier put away Wicked Strong by more than 6 lengths..... but...... you like the way CC beat a Maiden........ makes perfect sense.......

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
Going to be tough for me to like him in Kentucky Derby but Danza ran HUGE.Time-wise would have been neck and neck with Will Take Charge a race earlier.
That hag will not run a race like that again. He will need everything going for him, along with that beautiful rail trip to even sniff the money.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post

is this almost the same as Bodemeister
Nah Bode was a speedball, this guy can seemingly sit in the pocket until the stretch and explode.

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post

That hag will not run a race like that again. He will need everything going for him, along with that beautiful rail trip to even sniff the money.
I agree.The same can be said for a few others too though.

Bigdaddy let me tell you what I know..... CC has not seen any quality horses. The racing in California is a complete JOKE this year. Proof of how bad it is .... Bayern beat California WINNERS by 15. Then faced a B quality horse from Florida and got whipped. What more do you need ? Did you see the horses CC was stalking in California Stakes races ? HORRIBLE. A Florida horse that couldn't win a OC75k in Florida goes and wins the Arkansas Derby. A horse that got beat by 6+ lengths by Constitution in Florida goes to NY and wins going away. Florida is loaded with talent... Constitution, Wildcat Red, Cairo Prince and General A Rod.... should I go on ???

One of trainer Todd Pletcher's handful of anticipated Triple Crown hopefuls is off the Kentucky Derby trail.
Constitution, winner of last month's Grade I Florida Derby, sustained a hairline fracture in his right-front cannon bone, an injury discovered Monday after the undefeated son of Tapit breezed a half mile in :50 3/5 on Sunday at Palm Meadows' training track in Florida.
"This is one of the biggest disappointments of my career," Pletcher said in a news release. "I really feel Constitution was our biggest chance to win the Kentucky Derby since Super Saver. My routine with all my horses is to jog them down the road, and I noticed he was slightly off (Monday).
RELATED: Wildcat Red gets new jockey for Derby
"(A doctor) took X-rays that revealed a slight hairline in his shin. Thankfully, it's nothing very serious, and Constitution will be back to 100 (percent) after a little time. The timing is just a real shame for everyone involved, but the Derby doesn't define a horse's career."
Constitution's defection likely opens a Derby spot for Uncle Sigh, who last ran fifth in the Wood Memorial and was 21st in the Derby points standings. Uncle Sigh also ran second at the Grade III Withers and Gotham Stakes, with all his starts at Aqueduct.
Pletcher is also expected to enter Danza, We Miss Artie and Intense Holiday in the May 3 Derby. Vinceremos sits 22nd in the points standings. A maximum of 20 horses can run in the Derby.
Constitution, owned by WinStar Farm and Twin Creeks Racing Stables, will ship back to Kentucky to rehabilitate. There's hope he could return to training in 60 days and return to racing this year.
"While we are extremely disappointed to miss the Kentucky Derby, we're just as excited about the future of Constitution," said Randy Gullatt, Twin Creeks Racing's general manager, in a news release. "We think he's just scratching the surface of his talent."
Out of Distorted Humor mare Baffled, Constitution ranked seventh in the Road to the Kentucky Derby points standings. He has career earnings of $649,350, also with victories in maiden special weight and allowance optional claiming races at Gulfstream Park.

Wow, I tossed both of those out of first. I think either could get up or stay up for 3rd, but I dno't see how either of those two find the winners circle.

WildCat got a great trip and loss to Constitution, Cairo was a no show last time out. Its a 20 horse field, the odds of WildCat getting another perfect trip, and holding on to the lead with mroe distance seems all but unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post
Wow, I tossed both of those out of first. I think either could get up or stay up for 3rd, but I dno't see how either of those two find the winners circle.

WildCat got a great trip and loss to Constitution, Cairo was a no show last time out. Its a 20 horse field, the odds of WildCat getting another perfect trip, and holding on to the lead with mroe distance seems all but unlikely
With Constitution out no horse going into the Derby has passed Wildcat Red and considering it took an all out effort from a horse Pletcher called one of the best 3 year old horses he has ever had .... good luck passing him. Cairo Prince was in the Florida Derby for a workout and lost by just 3 lengths. He has won everything else on 3 different tracks and has one of the best trainers in the world. Good luck beating Cairo on Derby Day. Maybe you need to watch his Holy Bull again.....