Login Search

Kentucky derby thread thoughts and predictions . Keep it going only derby picks

Last Post

Bayern battled some injury was originally pointed toward the San Felipe, but had to move back to this weekend.

Bobby's Kitten has really only raced on turf. he has been a freaking monster on the turf, but it has all come on teh turf. He will make his move to Keenelands synthetic for a shot at the derby.

Will be quite a jump but you have to take him serious with what he has done so far.

Bidaddy, dont you think coming from the surface from santa anita to churchill will be a major factor in that,,i saw so many years you get those monsters from cal, and they just do nothing, i loved goldenscents last year, and look, what happened, then he went back to santa anita for the bc mile, he was a monster,.....and i just cant play calif. Chrome at the odds, people are all over the hype of him,,,,,he will get bet,,,,heavy
Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyqh View Post
it is still way too early to start looking at these horses seriously, ut from what i have seen,, if california chrome is on or near the lead coming around the final turn, school is out.

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
Bidaddy, dont you think coming from the surface from santa anita to churchill will be a major factor in that,,i saw so many years you get those monsters from cal, and they just do nothing, i loved goldenscents last year, and look, what happened, then he went back to santa anita for the bc mile, he was a monster,.....and i just cant play calif. Chrome at the odds, people are all over the hype of him,,,,,he will get bet,,,,heavy
actually past 10 years or so the only horses that really get severly overbet are the longshots..which are horrible value derby day on the parimutual pools....check the exchange prices to see what I mean derby day! its quite eye opening.....

.you get a fair price (not saying an overlay as there is that nasty track takout to contend with , but top choices are not overbet at the Derby past 10 years or so..) .. You have a solid shot at seeing 3-1 on Chrome Derby Day..

i guess i can see that .. wasnt orb like almost 5-1 last year ?
Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
actually past 10 years or so the only horses that really get severly overbet are the longshots..which are horrible value derby day on the parimutual pools....check the exchange prices to see what I mean derby day! its quite eye opening.....

.you get a fair price (not saying an overlay as there is that nasty track takout to contend with , but top choices are not overbet at the Derby past 10 years or so..) .. You have a solid shot at seeing 3-1 on Chrome Derby Day..

are you referring to those people up top ,i guess, i didnt even notice that, your right....he should be in there....they are calif. folk..lol
Quote Originally Posted by Draynay View Post
Constitution is not in your top 10 ? And you don't have My Miss Sophia listed for the Oaks ? How long have you been doing this ?

Default Yes !!! California people have lost their minds !!!

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
are you referring to those people up top ,i guess, i didnt even notice that, your right....he should be in there....they are calif. folk..lol
Not having My Miss Sophia in your top 3 for the Oaks means you know nothing about horse racing. And not having Constitution in your top 3 for the Derby means you are blind.

California Chrome ran past Dublin Up.... DUBLIN UP !!!! Are you serious ???

Not having My Miss Sophia in your top 3 for the Oaks means you know nothing about horse racing. And not having Constitution in your top 3 for the Derby means you are blind.

I think it's the way California Chrome won not who he defeated. He has answered every question so far that has been asked of him.

Nice to see that some things don't change around here. This place was a great forum a year ago.

Default Its the way he won !!!!

The way CC won ? You mean by running in races lacking and true speed horses ? In the mighty SA Derby he stalked a Maiden that has never come close to winning a race. You like the way he beat a Maiden ? It's the way he did it ? Constitution ran down the Hutcheson and FOY winner when no one else was able to.... he beat Cairo Prince and a few weeks earlier put away Wicked Strong by more than 6 lengths..... but...... you like the way CC beat a Maiden........ makes perfect sense.......