Login Search

Jbex plays

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
I didn't watch most of the card today but that's interesting to know.. the best race he's run imo was the one he lost and I'm not talking the derby.. the pegasus stakes preceding the haskell was a very fast pace (brisnet figs) and he held well to finish 2nd..many of his others were very slow paces including the joke florida derby.. you will not find a slower pace grade 1 than that.. he's an extremely talented horse no doubt but I still want to see him beat (or at least run well) vs a legitimate grade 1 field of older horses at 2 turns.. I have a hunch he might not attempt that and retire.. florida derby, KY derby, haskell, bold ruler and cigar mile.. not too shabby
According to owners of MS, "West said Maximum Security will head this week head to Gulfstream Park and point for the Grade 1 Pegasus World Cup on Jan. 25." I guess their intent is to run him at age 4 in the states (they won't be going to Dubai). But you are thinking that they might retire him?? Looks to me as of now they want to continue his racing career (unless he gets sick again). If MS runs in the Pegusus, who would you consider as legit Grade 1 horses that he should run against?

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
maximum security super impressive. track bias helped too as speed pulled away in many races esp the stakes. stretch out next in pegasus next month? he sure does love gulfstreem

LOS AL Thousand Word Just popped! Derby Dreams for Baffert Million dollar colt 2 for 2 now
He looked good to me. Saez didn't need to use the whip and he pulled away. According to DRF, "Maximum Security through a half-mile in 46.17 seconds – but Maximum Security, under Luis Saez, drew away in the stretch. On a day when the track was several seconds slow, Maximum Security ran a mile in 1:36.46, good enough for a career-best 111 Beyer Speed Figure." He has my vote for being the best and most consistent 3yr old this year.
Last edited by mrginandtonic; 12-08-19 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
According to owners of MS, "West said Maximum Security will head this week head to Gulfstream Park and point for the Grade 1 Pegasus World Cup on Jan. 25." I guess their intent is to run him at age 4 in the states (they won't be going to Dubai). But you are thinking that they might retire him?? Looks to me as of now they want to continue his racing career (unless he gets sick again). If MS runs in the Pegusus, who would you consider as legit Grade 1 horses that he should run against?

I can only go by the brisnet's and on them, if you include pace figures, his performances are on the slow side and many times aided by extremely slow pace figures.. as I said imo (prior to this) his best race was the loss in the pegasus.. he was away for a bit ran a pace figure that was about 4 lengths fast and just missed.. I understand winning the derby (don't care about the dq) is an impressive feat but still as I said he has not run a middle distance race at two turns on a fast track vs older horses in a grade 1 race and hopefully he'll get a chance to.. I want to see how he handles that.. who I don't know.. not good off the top if the crop of older horses is a good one (bad memory).. will judge that when I see the field

it's nothing personal.. just something I've noticed along the way with him.. and be the first to admit that figure making is an art and not science.. that being said 111 beyer is very impressive.. hopefully he does go in the pegasus.. the owners are long time participants in this sport on a high level so not surprising they would continue on with him.. he will probably enhance his value as a stallion if he wins as an older horse at two turns..my comment about retiring to stud not well thought out... makes more sense imo if he's healthy to continue running
Last edited by JBEX; 12-08-19 at 10:56 PM.

fairgrounds

R8 #5 scary animal (12-1)
winner $62.80/26.60

always wanted to exit this thread on a good note and there would be no better (npi) time than this..done this for long enough..moving on
Last edited by JBEX; 12-13-19 at 04:09 PM.

winner $62.80/26.60

always wanted to exit this thread on a good note and there would be no better
(npi) time than this..done this for long enough..moving on
GL JBEX Have a feeling you will be back posting picks. Maybe you should change things up a bit as this thread has seen it's better days.

as future pool 1 for the derby about to close I'd like to give one I like as it's always fun to have an early opinion.. read the only place to bet them with fixed odds is at william hill..

scabbard

84-1 last I saw in the pool and think 50-1 at will hill.. I'll adjust the final pool odds and if anyone can confirm what he is at wh please do.. obviously not a good situation if he's that much lower at fixed odds

posted 12/1 and figure I'd mention.. makes his 3yo debut in R13 @ the fairgrounds #4 (7-2)

ran an even 5th just missing 4th by a nose (13 horse field) but 7 lengths off the winner..was steadied at the quarter pole.. while not a great effort by any means, not a horrible one either.. think they may give him a shot at the 2nd leg (forget the name) of their prep series if he comes out of this race in good shape