Login Search

Jbex plays

Last Post

saratoga

R3 #9 big browning (12-1)

interesting jose ortiz picks up mount for horse that did little vs specials in 2 tries.. new trainer, drops and tries the grass which she is bred to like

R4 #6 tiz he the one (9-2)

overmatched, bad post and wrong distance last out.. gets into this race on a little tweak of the conditions made just for him.. laurel races last year make him tough here and has run big off the layoff twice before (including debu win in that)

R5 #5 cartabianca (10-1)

a european who gets into a starter allowance race because of a claiming race she ran in france.. never seen anything like that before.. on races great fit for this field.. favorable running style and post position.. ortiz rides and think she'll definitely be lower..

just to be clear her last 3 races were in north america but prior 7+ in france.. above argument still the same for this one

R6 #4 free wheeler (4-1)

first time starter.. @ $430k very expensive relative (not just expensive) sprint, turf top and bottom.. todd and irad

R7 #4 snaffle (12-1)

first time starter speed, win early pedigree
jose/mcpeek 4 for 6 together
trainer having good meet

R8

#4 noble jewel (8-1)

nice pedigree and could see improvement 2nd time routing (4th career start).. rosario back aboard

#10 barrel of destiny (10-1)

fascinated irad would hop aboard for hertler who is 1/139 with turf horses ( one hundred and thirty nine)

50% more divided by 2

R11 #4 awesome alana (8-1)

showed some life as a 2yo and could see taking to 2 turns on the turf.. at least the top 3 finishers out of her last race came back to repeat.. chance to get a little bit of a price with the brown /castellano combo
Last edited by JBEX; 08-30-19 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
saratoga

R3 #9 big browning (12-1)

interesting jose ortiz picks up mount for horse that did little vs specials in 2 tries.. new trainer, drops and tries the grass which she is bred to like

R4 #6 tiz he the one (9-2)

overmatched, bad post and wrong distance last out.. gets into this race on a little tweak of the conditions made just for him.. laurel races last year make him tough here and has run big off the layoff twice before (including debu win in that)

R5 #5 cartabianca (10-1)

a european who gets into a starter allowance race because of a claiming race she ran in france.. never seen anything like that before.. on races great fit for this field.. favorable running style and post position.. ortiz rides and think she'll definitely be lower..
Such mixed feelings here, I think the #1 Dream Passage runs huge today, but the speed on the 2 horse to her right could cuz major problems in a duel setting up for horses like the #4 and #5.

The 3rd is wide open, I went deep

in the 4th the 6 is my second choice, I just love the form on the rail. lots coming off the bench with questions

Can't argue with any, BOL today.

SIDE NOTE: just saw Cheek pieces on your choice in the 5th

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
Such mixed feelings here, I think the #1 Dream Passage runs huge today, but the speed on the 2 horse to her right could cuz major problems in a duel setting up for horses like the #4 and #5.

The 3rd is wide open, I went deep

in the 4th the 6 is my second choice, I just love the form on the rail. lots coming off the bench with questions

Can't argue with any, BOL today.

SIDE NOTE: just saw Cheek pieces on your choice in the 5th

dream passage will be tough and her pace figures are huge.. don't think the 2 will be able to stay with her and if she does it will be on a much gentler pace as this is a significant drop.. then she will have plenty left in the tank.. problem for me of course is she'll be odds on.. if I were playing horizontal couldn't argue making her a single.. as far as mine it's just very unique circumstances and want to be aboard

what's cheek pieces.. never consider subtle equipment stuff like that?

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
dream passage will be tough and her pace figures are huge.. don't think the 2 will be able to stay with her and if she does it will be on a much gentler pace as this is a significant drop.. then she will have plenty left in the tank.. problem for me of course is she'll be odds on.. if I were playing horizontal couldn't argue making her a single.. as far as mine it's just very unique circumstances and want to be aboard

what's cheek pieces.. never consider subtle equipment stuff like that?
Just equipment attached to the nose band , keep focused , nose down