Login Search

Jbex plays

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post
horses are easier than baseball? Jbex what do think? My first love is horses but have many weakness's Enjoy your tenacity and professionalism dont ever give up. BOL JBEX
Thanks boa12..not that I have done it but I think sports is beatable long haul.. there are people who win long haul and all you need to do is follow and apply simple money management principles..Have a few guys I like to track but don't participate as it's not doable for me..Not gonna get into who but in general there are some pretty smart folks out there working on it ..Math models,databases and people who just have a good feel for things and use the line itself as a handicapping tool

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
Thanks boa12..not that I have done it but I think sports is beatable long haul.. there are people who win long haul and all you need to do is follow and apply simple money management principles..Have a few guys I like to track but don't participate as it's not doable for me..Not gonna get into who but in general there are some pretty smart folks out there working on it ..Math models,databases and people who just have a good feel for things and use the line itself as a handicapping tool
Only for a select few imo. Most who beat this game are on the booking side. I think the following quote sums it up best. "Play long enough the house takes you. Unless, when then perfect hand comes, you bet big. Then you take the House."

Agree with you easy-rider have worked both sides of the line and you have to do your research in sports just like capping horse. What I love about horses is you can go 0/8 and hit #9 and be up on the day. Will be checking in playing 2-3 times a week at Saratoga bol to both of you as horse players are a dieing breed.

sar

R2 #7 dusty miles (20-1)

trainer had a $135 horse stretching out, blinkers off and on the turf...like the even sprints as foundation races..kind of race you get bombs every once in a while

R4 triple 156/13567

gotta try to beat the 3 and 7 to make it worthwhile ..36 combos

R5 #9 zvarkhova (3-1)

like that he won first out 9f as a 2yo in France by 8 lengths..then ran well in a listed stakes over there off a 5 month layoff..they say the races are better over there so like his chances here..other good ones in the field so probably won't go off too short

more later

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
Only for a select few imo. Most who beat this game are on the booking side. I think the following quote sums it up best. "Play long enough the house takes you. Unless, when then perfect hand comes, you bet big. Then you take the House."
more bookies win then bettors..of course
here's the bottom line to me though and I've gotten my ass handed to me over the past 4 decades..I believe there are people who win and they're posted regularly in the service plays forum..how many guys do I trust out of the 100's they post..right now 3 (not getting into who)..money management with low volume cappers..easy..do I need a lot of action betting sports..no..do I chase when I have a bad week..no..does my game or games have to be on TV..no..there will always be oodles more people who do it the wrong way so the books will always be around making nice profits off them and overall

more bookies win then bettors..of course
here's the bottom line to me though and I've gotten my ass handed to me over the past 4 decades..I believe there are people who win and they're posted regularly in the service plays forum..how many guys do I trust out of the 100's they post..right now 3 (not getting into who)..money management with low volume cappers..easy..do I need a lot of action betting sports..no..do I chase when I have a bad week..no..does my game or games have to be on TV..no..there will always be oodles more people who do it the wrong way so the books will always be around making nice profits off them and overall
Good post. But I will say this. The best approach to sports betting is to wager for entertainment purposes and have some fun. Use disposable income. For the majority of players winning long term on a regular basis is a Pipe Dream. Gl today on your picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
Good post. But I will say this. The best approach to sports betting is to wager for entertainment purposes and have some fun. Use disposable income. For the majority of players winning long term on a regular basis is a Pipe Dream. Gl today on your picks.
nothing wrong having a little fun with it within your means but I believe it's beatable with minimal effort (others picks)..To me its much more exciting being down on 1-3 good spots that are well thought out by a saavy professional and having the goal of staying disciplined and maybe turning a profit for the year..ok back to the horses lol...post dmr by 6pm

mth

R10 ...7,9,10 xbox

dmr

R2 #2 sweetest secret (20-1)
R3 #5 dothrak (12-1) #2 desert gem* (7-2)
R4 #8 grace to glory*(20-1) #9 edwin e* (8-1)
R5 #2 huntsville*(9-2) #10 friend k mill* (6-1)
R6 #4 alexita (6-1)
R8 #1 show and tell***(5-2)

nothing wrong having a little fun with it within your means but I believe it's beatable with minimal effort (others picks)..To me its much more exciting being down on 1-3 good spots that are well thought out by a saavy professional and having the goal of staying disciplined and maybe turning a profit for the year..ok back to the horses lol...post dmr by 6pm
OK I get your drift. You believe that a so called professional handicapper can lead you to success. I have to disagree as I personally never pay for picks on sporting events except in rare occasions the ponies. With the horses I try to get as many opinions possible, analyze the form, and then make my own decision. With sports like football and basketball I really do not see how a guy sitting in an office in Las Vegas has an edge over my own knowledge. The lines are set tight and unless a tout has inside info I believe you are wasting your cash. Now maybe with computer programs, models etc you can find an edge, but overall who really knows how an athlete will perform on the field. In addition, following a tout's picks does not account for the various factors working against the bettor and in favor of the book. IMO Do not believe the hype JBEX. I know I did when I was in my younger years, but know I gamble for recreational purposes only. It's one hell of a tough game to beat.

I love the action more than the amount wagered-for me a hobby not something I depend on to pay bills. To be a professional in anything you need to read the books for knowledge and put it into practical application to see if you will succeed. Certainly anyone who studies sports or horses everyday may have more knowledge than the casual player and might be worth looking at their picks as a guide but I still prefer to make my own picks so maybe one day I can call myself a professional gambler-always been my dream. Thanks for your professional comments men. bol JBEX and EASYRIDER

sar

R4 #5 manchurian high (15-1)

really feel he's had some excuses since coming off the 3 month layoff back in may..ridiculous bad trip,2 mile race and sitting behind a 54 1:20 pace up front last out..could see him waking up at a price with regular pilot back aboard

R5 #7 zennor (6-1)

flashed some talent as a 2yo and had to deal with extreme posts in 2nd and 3rd starts..big pedigree and kiaran fantastic off long layoffs and having big meet to boot..training very nicely coming up to this

sar

R4 #5 manchurian high (15-1)

really feel he's had some excuses since coming off the 3 month layoff back in may..ridiculous bad trip,2 mile race and sitting behind a 54 1:20 pace up front last out..could see him waking up at a price with regular pilot back aboard

R5 #7 zennor (6-1)

flashed some talent as a 2yo and had to deal with extreme posts in 2nd and 3rd starts..big pedigree and kiaran fantastic off long layoffs and having big meet to boot..training very nicely coming up to this
with manchurian high those were his last 3 races where those things happened