Login Search

Post best bet or follow ups of the day

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
Tough call. Guess you see how strong you feel about the games. If you have good vibes I would punch them in. If unsure may make the min required. Pressure is on Hart. 6K BTC would be a nice piece of change.
yea it would

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
yea ,,can you believe that......who would of thought, i was thinking , there are 24 picks left we are required to play only 12 of them..is it worth it to sit some picks out ..if you dont pick, you cant drop down only others can pass, just a thought...whats your thought.....str whats your thought
First of all, great job so far in the pick 6 contest.

So 4 weeks left, what do you do?

IMO you need to keep playing. That does not necessarily mean 6 picks each week. It means solid picks that you feel comfortable with. So if you can find 6 picks fine, if not find 5 or 4 or whatever week to week. Obviously you need to pick the minimum but after that, it's whatever you feel makes sense. You also have to weigh the weekly prize if you are in contention for that.

I don't think sitting back at this point will help you win necessarily. As we get closer, it sure could, but it seems you are a week or two and maybe three away from starting to analyze that. You cannot control what others pick so you have no true idea of how many points others will have when we are finished.

In horse racing terms, you are turning for home and you are slightly in front. But as you know, the race has really just started. Up to now, it has been all about getting into position. You have. But don't change what got you there. I think you need to forget about being slightly in first and just play . It is just too early IMO to start running out a clock. That is playing not to lose and we all know how that usually works out.

Being in 1st has no bearing at all on anything. It is simply a pause between weeks. Don't think about being in 1st. That will only make you tense or play cautious. Try and feel the same way and have the same outlook that you had when you were 3rd. Remember THAT mindset and find it. Screw 1st. They don't pay anything for being 1st turning for home. The race is to the wire. Ride hard until the last week or two and reevaluate. Right now, it's just another week. Whatever you do , DON'T TENSE UP. You will hate yourself if you do. For this week, it's just another week, just like last week was. Ride smart, ride hard and ride with who brung you there.

That's my take. Good luck this week.
Last edited by str; 12-04-19 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
First of all, great job so far in the pick 6 contest.

So 4 weeks left, what do you do?

IMO you need to keep playing. That does not necessarily mean 6 picks each week. It means solid picks that you feel comfortable with. So if you can find 6 picks fine, if not find 5 or 4 or whatever week to week. Obviously you need to pick the minimum but after that, it's whatever you feel makes sense. You also have to weigh the weekly prize if you are in contention for that.

I don't think sitting back at this point will help you win necessarily. As we get closer, it sure could, but it seems you are a week or two and maybe three away from starting to analyze that. You cannot control what others pick so you have no true idea of how many points others will have when we are finished.

In horse racing terms, you are turning for home and you are slightly in front. But as you know, the race has really just started. Up to now, it has been all about getting into position. You have. But don't change what got you there. I think you need to forget about being slightly in first and just play . It is just too early IMO to start running out a clock. That is playing not to lose and we all know how that usually works out.

Being in 1st has no bearing at all on anything. It is simply a pause between weeks. Don't think about being in 1st. That will only make you tense or play cautious. Try and feel the same way and have the same outlook that you had when you were 3rd. Remember THAT mindset and find it. Screw 1st. They don't pay anything for being 1st turning for home. The race is to the wire. Ride hard until the last week or two and reevaluate. Right now, it's just another week. Whatever you do , DON'T TENSE UP. You will hate yourself if you do. For this week, it's just another week, just like last week was. Ride smart, ride hard and ride with who brung you there.

That's my take. Good luck this week.
thanks str for the wisdom makes sense thanks for the reply,,,,and cheer lol how you been everything going good