Login Search

Post best bet or follow ups of the day

Last Post

Have been looking at Saturday since entries came out yesterday. Will try to post Gulfstream and Fairgrounds. Best quality of racing so far this year. Think around 10 or 11 stakes with most of them graded stakes. Just have to hope to sniff out some long shots. Hard to find any in the Fountain Of Youth at GP but plenty of others.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
Have been looking at Saturday since entries came out yesterday. Will try to post Gulfstream and Fairgrounds. Best quality of racing so far this year. Think around 10 or 11 stakes with most of them graded stakes. Just have to hope to sniff out some long shots. Hard to find any in the Fountain Of Youth at GP but plenty of others.
Should have been on the Friday card. Playing in the background but I think they buried 2 2-5 favs early at GP.

Mike, when I was successful years ago with the hounds I would seek out the vulnerable favs first and target those.

Always appreciate your help!!

Saturday 2/21

Gulfstream
Race 1
9-Market Outlook 4-1
12-Town Extension 9-2
10-Los Borrachos 8-1
Also think 5-Eton Blue 20-1 and 6-Downey Gap 15-1 are overlaid and should be used underneath

Race 2
5-Cort 7-2 could be very very tough here and not even the favorite. Makes only 2nd career start dropping from a MSW back in December where he was bet down to 2-1 against Ocean Knight among others but Knight came right back and won G3 at Tampa with ease. If he is 7-2 I'll just roll with him. The only other MSW dropper is 2-Modern Tale 15-1. Could wake up dropping into claimers along with switching turf back to dirt and cutting back to 6F from 7 1/2. 9-Crown Holiday 20-1 could be a surprise package too. Took a little bit of money in debut then got hammered at the break and never lifted a hoof. With a uneventful getaway maybe he shows what he was supposed to first time.

5-Cort 7-2
2-Modern Tale 15-1
9-Crown Holiday 20-1

Race 3
This is a murderers row of killer trainers with first time starters. Pletcher has 2 , C Brown has 1, McLaughlin 1 , Weaver 1 , Hushion 1 , and Kenneally 1. Mott isn't great with them but he has one that is a 1/2 to G1 winner Hilda's Passion. That's half the field or more if others scratch. I have no idea how to narrow them down . Of the horses that have ran A Goldberg has 2nd time starter 4-Pool Winner 15-1 who didn't do much first out but the fact he is running him back in less than 3 weeks makes me think he didn't get the run he is capable of 1st out.

Race 4
2-Wedding Toast 2-1

Race 5
3-Irish Mission 3-1
5-Kitten's Point 9-2

Race 6
6-Speechify 4-1
5-Mean Season 5-2

Race 7
Going by any source of speed/performance figures 3-Good Deed 3-1 towers over everyone which doesn't happen often in 13 horse 5f turf sprint fields. The one glimmer of hope is that there is a TON of early speed and should zap most/all horses close to it should it develop. That leads me to 9-Love Train 10-1 who showed a great closing kick last out and that was after breaking through the gate pre race. Now 2nd off a layoff will almost certainly progress from that race and would be most likely winner imo if you take out the 3. 10-True Romance 15-1 is appealing in that this is first turf start and only 5th career race. So arguably the most upside of all the horses.

3-Good Deed 3-1
9-Love Train 10-1
10-True Romance 15-1

Race 8
Don't see how 2-Eskenformoney 5-1 doesn't go favored off two hand ridden blowout wins. 3-Jacaranda 8-1 hasn't been tested either through 2 starts maybe winning even easier than the 2. Both are well drawn with early speed in a bulky field where there are going to be many trips ruined by ground loss. The 2 has shown that she can sit off horses somewhat but Jacaranda could be in trouble if she can't relax because I'm pretty sure Enchantress is going to try and blitz the field. Plus there is other speed too. The biggest beneficiary of a speed duel would be 6-Puca 10-1 making first start since OK run in BC Juvy Fillies. She would be a nice win bet at the ML . Have a feeling she gets bet some as does the 2. A couple to throw in the end of tris and supers are the ones coming from delta 5-Skipalute 20-1 and 11-Danessa Deluxe 30-1. That was a highly rated race and Take Charge Brandi could be best filly running right now.

6-Puca 10-1
2-Eskenformoney 5-1
3-Jacaranda 8-1

Race 9
Mu enthusiasm for this card is diminishing with every race. Majority looks like chalk after chalk. This race probably ends up 1-Main Sequence in front of 6-Twighlight Eclipse. The main alternative is Divine Oath and he is only 7-2. I guess there is a glimmer of hope for 3-Artic North 12-1 based on figs and should have plenty of kick cutting back from a 2 mile race. Just hasn't been in a race with this kind of ability.

1-Main Sequence 6-5
6-Twightlight Eclipse 2-1
3-Artic North 12-1

Race 10
Finally a race I can sink my teeth into. I narrowed it down to 6-Jack Milton 5-1 , 7-Aripeka 15-1 , and 11-Long On Value 12-1 but 10-Mutin 10-1 and 14-Ring Weekend 6-1 scare me very much. I'm going on the assumption that Excaper , Mr Online go toe to toe through 3/4s and 6,7,11 take over from there. I have always been a fan of Sky Blazer but he has proved time and time again that graded stakes are just a smidgen outside his range. Usually goes into them off an impressive allowance win.

6-Jack Milton 5-1
11-Long On Value 12-1
7-Aripeka 15-1
14-Ring Weekend 6-1
10-Mutin 10-1

Race 11
7-Upstart 8-5
6-Frosted 5-2
4-Gorgeous Bird 6-1
5-Itsaknockout 4-1
(ZZZZ TOP 4 CHOICES IN SOME ORDER)

Race 12
Another chance to try Goldberg at a big price with 11-Signature Look 15-1. Was very very wide in only turf start and now 2nd off bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
Should have been on the Friday card. Playing in the background but I think they buried 2 2-5 favs early at GP.

Mike, when I was successful years ago with the hounds I would seek out the vulnerable favs first and target those.

Always appreciate your help!!
Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
Lost my daily bankroll today. Hasn't happened in a while where I lost every bet. Just missed a home run in the Canadian with Long On Value winning at 10-1 and Aripeka 3rd at 18-1 , exacta would have put me way ahead but instead ...nada.
The sheer fact "daily bankroll" is part of your vocabulary speaks volumes. Live for another day!!