Login Search

Post best bet or follow ups of the day

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
When I use to follow mountaineer a lot , if you looked after the race lots of those winners had tongue ties and you did not know if they had them on before the race or when they ran with one in the pp's wich would be nice to know or at least be able to see it visibly in walking ring or post parade cause I know it helps them perform.
I guess it should be, but it is closely monitored if altered. But what the hell, players want info, why not let be public info. No harm in it .

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
They allow the nasal strips in harness racing in new york wonder what the big thing is with tbreds
I was going to answer this but I am going to sleep on my response because the one I had typed would have knocked everyone's socks off. Not sure I want to go there but I promised Robmpink I would 2-3 years ago and never did for legal reasons. Not my legal reasons, someone else's.
Either way I will answer, either reserved or what I just typed. But there is definitely an answer to your question.

I will tell you what the nasal strip was all about. It was about wanting to come off to the feds who were threatening to intervene and take over the sport, that N.Y. racing was " cleaning the sport up" and that Doug O'Neill was not very welcome in N.Y. because of his past drug history. This was all a continuation of the Rick D. story that N.Y. painted to the public in portraying Rick as some sort of drug trainer who doped horses. Just look at his results. He must be using, right? Wrong, and not in my opinion. Just wrong, but it sounds right, so it's easy to believe and it feels good as a bettor to believe. I totally get that. I want to feel that way about trainers I do not know, that appear in the same light. I am just like everybody else in that regard. But in Rick's case, it is wrong.
The racing public was starving for answers in a sport that is loaded with cynicism and were hungry for someone to be held accountable so N.Y. stepped in and served Rick up on a platter. Sad but very true and very difficult to argue because only one side of the story is being heard and bettors are pissed , as well they should be, with so little info and even less true explanations for them to better understand what is really going on.
All that, is what the nasal strips in N.Y. are about.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
I agree but wouldn't cave if I was NYRA.

If it has no effect on his performance then whats the big deal to take it off.They shouldn't change a rule because the owner/trainer is superstitious.

If it does have an effect then it's a performance enhancer.
Looks like NYRA Stewards blinked. 3 Stewards approved the use of nasal strips for all horses running at NYRA tracks. It's effective immediately. Glad this potential controversy has been eliminated.

updated
BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} Lines From:05-19-2014 16:56:34
Cut Off # Type Description Odds
BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING}
BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} - May 22
~~~~ NO REFUNDS ON NON STARTERS ~~~~~
May 22 - 10:45 AM 92051 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} CALIFORNIA CHROME EV
May 22 - 10:45 AM 92052 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} WICKED STRONG +600
May 22 - 10:45 AM 92053 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} DANZA +650
May 22 - 10:45 AM 92054 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} RIDE ON CURLIN +1500
May 22 - 10:45 AM 92055 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} SAMRAAT +1650
May 22 - 10:45 AM 92056 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} TONALIST +1000
May 22 - 10:45 AM 92057 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} SOCIAL INCLUSION +2250
May 22 - 10:45 AM 92058 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} INTENSE HOLIDAY +1850
May 22 - 10:45 AM 92059 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} COMMANDING CURVE +1000
May 22 - 10:45 AM 92060 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} KID CRUZ +2250
May 22 - 10:45 AM 92061 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} CANDY BOY +3250
May 22 - 10:45 AM 92062 BELMONT STAKES - WINNER {ALL IN BETTING} COMMISSIONER +3250

Wednesday 5/21

Belmont
Race 1
2-Offlee Catty 6-1- Best value of the contenders ran a good 2nd in debut with J Ortiz aboard then fell off a bit in 2nd start with bug A Worrie riding.Gets Ortiz back and a return to 1st race would be competitive.
6-Official 2-1- Probably the most likely winner as Jacobson is lights out dropping horses into maiden claimers from MSWs off a trainer change.
4-Mary's In Utopia 12-1 has the best last race and it was at this track and distance 18 days ago.1 for 32 trainer the last year is the scary part.
Of the others 9-5 fave Baby B has shown best on turf but Contessa good with the quick turn around and also drops from MSW.Rudy has the only firster in 1-Rockaway 4-1 but he is only 1 for 27 last year with 1st timers.

2-Offlee Catty
6-Official
4-Mary's In Utopia

Race 2

4-Brilliant Command 8-1- Is my best bet on the day at the price.Field is wide open though with many fitting into a very tight window ability wise.This one could attract some attention because of B Brown's hot start.Started 7 for 14 and now 7 for 20.If price gets cut in half no longer best bet.
3-Upper East Side 3-1- Pletcher runner ran better than looks when 3rd last race 1st time on turf.Switch to Castellano a plus.
7-Bolt From The Blue 12-1- Adds value to a 3 horse box and trainer Bush positive roi 1st route and also 1st turf.Bush having a much better 2014 so far than his abysmal 2013.
The others are obvious C Clement's Knight Of Valor 4-1 and 6-Private Relations 7-2 who have very under rated duo of Junior Alvarado/J Kimmel.

4-Brilliant Command
3-Upper East Side
7-Bolt From The Blue

Race 3
Looks like a 3 horse race for the win between the 3 favorites.If wanting to try a long shot 4-Newyork Conspiracy 10-1 would add value while dropping one of the favorites from a 3 horse box.

7-Bridgetta
5-Purling
4-Newyork Conspiracy

Race 4
Hard to get past the 2 faves 5-White Sangria 2-1 and 9-Neck Of The Moon 3-1 but 3-Marcy 50-1 is very interesting.

5-White Sangria
9-Neck Of The Moon
3-Marcy

Race 5
Hard to gauge when more than half the betting interests have been running on turf.While the only dirt runners in favored McLaughlin 1/1A entry and 2nd choice 5-Sea Trial for Shug clearly have superior numbers.

1/1A Entry
5-Sea Trial

Race 6
Would most likely not try with exotics and just go with co-2nd choice 2-Papy 3-1 for Clement/Lezcano.If I try for the exacta would add 4-Nowhere To Run 15-1 who beat some good horses when he broke his maiden and 5-2 fave 3-Legendary.

2-Papy
3-Legendary
4-Nowhere To Run

Race 7
Another chalky looking race but could do worse than throwing a win bet on 3rd choice 6-Star Magnolia 4-1 and if wanting to take on a speed holding scenario then throw 4-See The Music 10-1 in the ex with the 3 and 6 and hope it's 4-6 around the track.

6-Star Magnolia
3-Accomplish First
4-See The Music

Race 8
Hate to keep going back to the well but Clement is amazing bringing horses back from layoffs.They come back running better than ever and 2-Maximova 4-1 was pretty good when she went to the bench.Otherwise it looks obvious 6-8 or 8-6.

2-Maximova
6-Scampering
8-Filimbi

Race 9
Clement shows up again here with favorite Point Roll 2-1 whose first race blows away this field but next race was surprisingly poor.Hard to trust but if he runs his first race it's game over.He also has a firster who I would much prefer in the win pool in 8-Thurgood 8-1.The most interesting price is 9-Electric Currency 12-1 first off the claim for L Rice and trying turf for the first time.

7-Point Roll
8-Thurgood
9-Electric Currency
Give Points

Points Awarded:

harthebar gave mikemca 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

harthebar gave mikemca 20 Betpoint(s) for this post.

harthebar gave mikemca 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

thanks mike, mike do you know if there will be any other horses in the belmont, that have decided yet...or the one's i posted..is that it already..
Wednesday 5/21

Belmont
Race 1
2-Offlee Catty 6-1- Best value of the contenders ran a good 2nd in debut with J Ortiz aboard then fell off a bit in 2nd start with bug A Worrie riding.Gets Ortiz back and a return to 1st race would be competitive.
6-Official 2-1- Probably the most likely winner as Jacobson is lights out dropping horses into maiden claimers from MSWs off a trainer change.
4-Mary's In Utopia 12-1 has the best last race and it was at this track and distance 18 days ago.1 for 32 trainer the last year is the scary part.
Of the others 9-5 fave Baby B has shown best on turf but Contessa good with the quick turn around and also drops from MSW.Rudy has the only firster in 1-Rockaway 4-1 but he is only 1 for 27 last year with 1st timers.

2-Offlee Catty
6-Official
4-Mary's In Utopia

Race 2

4-Brilliant Command 8-1- Is my best bet on the day at the price.Field is wide open though with many fitting into a very tight window ability wise.This one could attract some attention because of B Brown's hot start.Started 7 for 14 and now 7 for 20.If price gets cut in half no longer best bet.
3-Upper East Side 3-1- Pletcher runner ran better than looks when 3rd last race 1st time on turf.Switch to Castellano a plus.
7-Bolt From The Blue 12-1- Adds value to a 3 horse box and trainer Bush positive roi 1st route and also 1st turf.Bush having a much better 2014 so far than his abysmal 2013.
The others are obvious C Clement's Knight Of Valor 4-1 and 6-Private Relations 7-2 who have very under rated duo of Junior Alvarado/J Kimmel.

4-Brilliant Command
3-Upper East Side
7-Bolt From The Blue

Race 3
Looks like a 3 horse race for the win between the 3 favorites.If wanting to try a long shot 4-Newyork Conspiracy 10-1 would add value while dropping one of the favorites from a 3 horse box.

7-Bridgetta
5-Purling
4-Newyork Conspiracy

Race 4
Hard to get past the 2 faves 5-White Sangria 2-1 and 9-Neck Of The Moon 3-1 but 3-Marcy 50-1 is very interesting.

5-White Sangria
9-Neck Of The Moon
3-Marcy

Race 5
Hard to gauge when more than half the betting interests have been running on turf.While the only dirt runners in favored McLaughlin 1/1A entry and 2nd choice 5-Sea Trial for Shug clearly have superior numbers.

1/1A Entry
5-Sea Trial

Race 6
Would most likely not try with exotics and just go with co-2nd choice 2-Papy 3-1 for Clement/Lezcano.If I try for the exacta would add 4-Nowhere To Run 15-1 who beat some good horses when he broke his maiden and 5-2 fave 3-Legendary.

2-Papy
3-Legendary
4-Nowhere To Run

Race 7
Another chalky looking race but could do worse than throwing a win bet on 3rd choice 6-Star Magnolia 4-1 and if wanting to take on a speed holding scenario then throw 4-See The Music 10-1 in the ex with the 3 and 6 and hope it's 4-6 around the track.

6-Star Magnolia
3-Accomplish First
4-See The Music

Race 8
Hate to keep going back to the well but Clement is amazing bringing horses back from layoffs.They come back running better than ever and 2-Maximova 4-1 was pretty good when she went to the bench.Otherwise it looks obvious 6-8 or 8-6.

2-Maximova
6-Scampering
8-Filimbi

Race 9
Clement shows up again here with favorite Point Roll 2-1 whose first race blows away this field but next race was surprisingly poor.Hard to trust but if he runs his first race it's game over.He also has a firster who I would much prefer in the win pool in 8-Thurgood 8-1.The most interesting price is 9-Electric Currency 12-1 first off the claim for L Rice and trying turf for the first time.

7-Point Roll
8-Thurgood
9-Electric Currency

i figured as much, any horse out there that you would like to see jump in.....i figured one of thoses speed horses that ran at gulfstream, i think kid cruz got a lot of hype in preakness, being a homey..
ur not gonna know for a week or two....a lot can happen between now and when entries are due