Login Search

Post best bet or follow ups of the day

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
Running well lately. But what concerns me is that the Derby will be his 3rd race in a month. Wheeling back in 3 weeks. And his best numbers are on the Poly. But at 20/1 ML may be rounding into good form. Good luck.
possibly but there were 41 days between his first two races of this year and exactly the same amount of time between races two and three. That's a lot of rest and he fired big in the Bluegrass returning in 8 days breaking from the 13 post.
Not overly concerned with his activity coming into this

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
possibly but there were 41 days between his first two races of this year and exactly the same amount of time between races two and three. That's a lot of rest and he fired big in the Bluegrass returning in 8 days breaking from the 13 post.
Not overly concerned with his activity coming into this
Valid point. But this will be his 3rd race in 29 days with the 10 furlongs ahead of him. Medal Count also caught a dead track at keeneland last race that strongly favored his running style. But like you said Brad Thomas is sharp and so is Medal count lately. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
Valid point. But this will be his 3rd race in 29 days with the 10 furlongs ahead of him. Medal Count also caught a dead track at keeneland last race that strongly favored his running style style. But like you said Brad Thomas is sharp and so is Medal count lately. Good luck.
Like the overall picture going in. Maybe timing's a slight negative but not enough to sway me off him

Saturday/Kentucky Derby Day

Race 1 has 3 horses that scratched out of the 4th on Friday in Trace Creek 4-1,Upkeep 5-2, and Foolhardy 10-1.I like the bookends with Nick's Pick 7-2 and Prosecution 5-1.

Race 2 is chalky between top 3 MLs and maybe 4th(Pletcher) but that is assuming he improves him considerably 1st time in the barn.

Race 3 We may actually see a Cal bred win on derby day in 1-Masochistic 4-1 instead of the more popular one in R11.4-Swift Humor 12-1 looks like a live firster and 10-Boss Gone 8-1 is the other one.

Race 4 Sometimes the 7 1/2F turf races are hard to put a figure to but if they turn out to be right with 5-Night Song's 6-1 last then she may be best bet on card.2-Faerie Queene 10-1 is the price and prefer 3-Magical Steps 7-2 of the two faves but safer to use both if possible.

Race 5 is impossible , I can make a case for literally 10 of the 11 horses.I guess 2-Twang 5-1 .

Race 6 While I don't know if 9-Centre Court is 7-5 good I do think her and 8-Effie Trinket 6-1 are the class.Trying to find an outsider to stab at with them.

Race 7 is where we get to see 8-Midnight Lucky freak and Judy the Beauty try to keep up.Looking for a price to throw in 1-Street Girl 20-1.

Race 8 Think Craftsman 12-1 got out of character last race being up front and will change to a more patient ride with the switch to great turf jock.

Race 9 With a trip finally Clearly Now can strut his stuff. Sahara Sky and Shakin It Up are the challengers.3-Broadway Empire 15-1 is a price to use.

Race 10 is the next stop in Wise Dan's victory tour.Kaigun 8-1 was reeling him in last race which is very rare.Wise Dan might finally be coming back to earth.If trying to beat him I would want a huge price and I have been on Finnegan's Wake 20-1 his last 2 turf races which teased me with 2 big late runs.Him or Moro Tap 30-1 would be my stabs

Race 11 - Kentucky Derby
6-Samraat 15-1-Changed my mind on this guy after looking closer at his Wood effort and when I tried to envision the trip of each horse.IMO he is a good bet to get a good trip ,is fast enough on figs,game, and therefore the safest key in a box.
20-Wicked Strong 6-1-Price isn't that bad if you think he should be the favorite.Post is a concern but the way Raj rides it may help.
18-Candy Boy 15-1-Liked Hopp and him more than the fave.SA played against while CD plays for them
4-Danza 8-1-Hate the price and the fact everyone and their momma is on him now .He fits on figs but going from 40-1+ in Arkansas to maybe the 2nd choice in the derby is wedding/funeral if I've ever seen one.Too many question marks to take at his likely price.He will most likely be the biggest underlay in the race.
16-Intense Holiday 8-1-He is also slow on figs and will probably be too far out of it but can grab the back end of exotics.
14-Medal Count 20-1-He ,Intense Holiday, and Danza are the hyped up horses.He is slow figurewise but sired by my 2nd favorite horse and would be nice to see the great sire Dyna get a derby winner 2 years after he passed.
19-Ride On Curlin 15-1-Just keeps on plugging no matter how wide he is.

Others

Dance With Fate - Is a possibility but pedigree screams synth
Chrome - Has some of the same ??? as Danza in most likely facing adversity off easy race(s).Has way more foundation though.Price makes him unplayable imo.
Vicars In Trouble - Really like this horse and it's not his post that is a concern.It's the pace scenario.
Chitu - Ditto as V.I.T and Uncle Sigh
Commading Curve - Could plug his way into the Tri/Super/HI5 and wouldn't argue with anyone liking the 50-1
General A Rod - Is in the picture figurewise and could be playable.He just doesn't seem to have killer instinct.

Race 12 is 9-Captain Genius 12-1, 7-Bull Dozer 3-1, and 2-Platitude 6-1.

Race 13 Party Time is an overlay at 3-1.6-Silent Ruler 15-1 and 8-Rocket Time 15-1 are the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post

Race 3 We may actually see a Cal bred win on derby day in 1-Masochistic 4-1 instead of the more popular one in R11.4-Swift Humor 12-1 looks like a live firster and 10-Boss Gone 8-1 is the other one.
Masochistic won by a pole

Good sign for the cal breds

thanks mike
Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post

Race 1 has 3 horses that scratched out of the 4th on Friday in Trace Creek 4-1,Upkeep 5-2, and Foolhardy 10-1.I like the bookends with Nick's Pick 7-2 and Prosecution 5-1.

Race 2 is chalky between top 3 MLs and maybe 4th(Pletcher) but that is assuming he improves him considerably 1st time in the barn.

Race 4 Sometimes the 7 1/2F turf races are hard to put a figure to but if they turn out to be right with 5-Night Song's 6-1 last then she may be best bet on card.2-Faerie Queene 10-1 is the price and prefer 3-Magical Steps 7-2 of the two faves but safer to use both if possible.

Race 5 is impossible , I can make a case for literally 10 of the 11 horses.I guess 2-Twang 5-1 .

Race 6 While I don't know if 9-Centre Court is 7-5 good I do think her and 8-Effie Trinket 6-1 are the class.Trying to find an outsider to stab at with them.

Race 7 is where we get to see 8-Midnight Lucky freak and Judy the Beauty try to keep up.Looking for a price to throw in 1-Street Girl 20-1.

Race 8 Think Craftsman 12-1 got out of character last race being up front and will change to a more patient ride with the switch to great turf jock.

Race 9 With a trip finally Clearly Now can strut his stuff. Sahara Sky and Shakin It Up are the challengers.3-Broadway Empire 15-1 is a price to use.

Race 10 is the next stop in Wise Dan's victory tour.Kaigun 8-1 was reeling him in last race which is very rare.Wise Dan might finally be coming back to earth.If trying to beat him I would want a huge price and I have been on Finnegan's Wake 20-1 his last 2 turf races which teased me with 2 big late runs.Him or Moro Tap 30-1 would be my stabs

Race 11 - Kentucky Derby
6-Samraat 15-1-Changed my mind on this guy after looking closer at his Wood effort and when I tried to envision the trip of each horse.IMO he is a good bet to get a good trip ,is fast enough on figs,game, and therefore the safest key in a box.
20-Wicked Strong 6-1-Price isn't that bad if you think he should be the favorite.Post is a concern but the way Raj rides it may help.
18-Candy Boy 15-1-Liked Hopp and him more than the fave.SA played against while CD plays for them
4-Danza 8-1-Hate the price and the fact everyone and their momma is on him now .He fits on figs but going from 40-1+ in Arkansas to maybe the 2nd choice in the derby is wedding/funeral if I've ever seen one.Too many question marks to take at his likely price.He will most likely be the biggest underlay in the race.
16-Intense Holiday 8-1-He is also slow on figs and will probably be too far out of it but can grab the back end of exotics.
14-Medal Count 20-1-He ,Intense Holiday, and Danza are the hyped up horses.He is slow figurewise but sired by my 2nd favorite horse and would be nice to see the great sire Dyna get a derby winner 2 years after he passed.
19-Ride On Curlin 15-1-Just keeps on plugging no matter how wide he is.

Others

Dance With Fate - Is a possibility but pedigree screams synth
Chrome - Has some of the same ??? as Danza in most likely facing adversity off easy race(s).Has way more foundation though.Price makes him unplayable imo.
Vicars In Trouble - Really like this horse and it's not his post that is a concern.It's the pace scenario.
Chitu - Ditto as V.I.T and Uncle Sigh
Commading Curve - Could plug his way into the Tri/Super/HI5 and wouldn't argue with anyone liking the 50-1
General A Rod - Is in the picture figurewise and could be playable.He just doesn't seem to have killer instinct.

Race 12 is 9-Captain Genius 12-1, 7-Bull Dozer 3-1, and 2-Platitude 6-1.

Race 13 Party Time is an overlay at 3-1.6-Silent Ruler 15-1 and 8-Rocket Time 15-1 are the prices.