Login Search

Post best bet or follow ups of the day

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post
Nice seats man.....I hate the NBA and I would go for those kind of seats.
Yeah it was a pretty good time and was even a good game.Its much more fun when the sixers are doing good because then the crowd is nuts but they kind of gave up on the year a while ago so I basically just went to see Lebron and Wade.Lebron is pretty amazing to watch as he is just on another level than the whole league.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
any picks today Mike anything you like?
Might be a little rusty but wrote this up.

Gulfstream 3/15/2013

Race 1--A race full of horses going backward in form except for the 3 picks.That being said the trainer of the 9-Sheriff Ira is one of those supertrainers who improve their claims 20 lengths first time out so I try to beat him with extreme caution.
8-Large Kaufy 4-1
6-Iron Post 4-1
4-Congrats Criminal 20-1

Race 2
--Top choice is purely a value pick as I see her equal to the 2nd choice but is 4x the price.Another "supertrainer" in here with the favorite 2-Dreaming Of Susie so be wary or include .
5-Glacken Road 12-1
6-Dreamcastle 3-1
4-Chippette 15-1

Race 3
--Hard to get past the favorite here but maybe the 2nd choice has a chance at a huge price.
6-Pro D'oro 5-2
4-Unshackled Rouge 20-1
5-Criolla Linda 10-1

Race 4
--Really tricky race with a million question marks(How will they run turf to dirt/route to sprint as most are).Just going with connections .
7-Unbridled Bear 6-1
9-Cruises Creek 6-1
5-Mecke Mantle 12-1(Scratched/I guess 8-Xmas Sky 5-2 to replace)

Race 5
--Hard to go against the 1 herebut maybe taking the blinkers off will relax the 2-Sweet And Lowdown enough to have some left.
2-Sweet And Lowdown 6-1
1-Mosaicist 5-2
6-Diamond D'oro 8-1

Race 6
--Hate to go back to the well as usually after I get a long shot home I refuse to play it next out but there is just too much uncertainty with just about everyone else except the fave.
9-Negrita Tata 8-1
4-Arsenal 8-5
10-Elissa Greeley 10-1

Race 7
--Don't think there is much to be made here as Pletcher/Johnny V/First Time Starter = romp.The only interesting horse I can see is the 2-Captain Cook only because Ward does very well moving a horse from Maiden claiming to MSW.Plus if the other firsters aren't fast from the gate the 2 could have a lonely lead but 4-1 isn't really great.
2-Captain Cook 4-1
6-Zaikov 5-2
1-Regiment/1A-Brabbham 3-1

Race 8
--Both the Mclaughlin runners are pretty interesting here and originally liked the 8 a lot before I saw he had another runner in here in the 3.The 8 figures to improve a lot off the last race and the figure he earned was only a couple points short of the best in here.The 3 has one of the best long shot angles in horse racing going for him(Mclaughlin/Maiden not first start but first turf).So I don't know what to do here but I guess I'll go with the 3 on top because he figures to be more involved from the beginning and it seems you don't want to come from too far back lately.
3-Got What 8-1
8-Hardest Core 10-1
2-Bernie's Best 7-2

Raced 9
--Tossing between top 2 again here with the first time turf and claim for L Rice and 2nd off the bench for Catalano.Both look good but if the 1 takes to the turf the figures say he has a good shot and is a longer price.
1-Bear's Spirit 12-1(Scratched)
11-Cathedro 6-1
7-Solicitation 8-1
10-Dr. Goldfarb 5-1

Race 10
---This is the kind of race where you might see a bomb that makes no sense.A cheap maiden claimer where everyone is slow and it doesn't take much for any horse to get brave and win but hard to say who.
1-Bird In The Bush 6-1
3-Dance Wild 2-1
2-My Daughters' Kids 20-1

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post

Raced 9
--Tossing between top 2 again here with the first time turf and claim for L Rice and 2nd off the bench for Catalano.Both look good but if the 1 takes to the turf the figures say he has a good shot and is a longer price.
11-Cathedro 6-1
7-Solicitation 8-1
10-Dr. Goldfarb 5-1

Race 10
---This is the kind of race where you might see a bomb that makes no sense.A cheap maiden claimer where everyone is slow and it doesn't take much for any horse to get brave and win but hard to say who.
1-Bird In The Bush 6-1
3-Dance Wild 2-1
I part wheeled for a double, 3x3, nice to come alive in the first leg at 6-1, need the 1,2,3 on the end.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
Might be a little rusty but wrote this up.

Gulfstream 3/15/2013

Race 1--A race full of horses going backward in form except for the 3 picks.That being said the trainer of the 9-Sheriff Ira is one of those supertrainers who improve their claims 20 lengths first time out so I try to beat him with extreme caution.
8-Large Kaufy 4-1
6-Iron Post 4-1
4-Congrats Criminal 20-1

Race 2
--Top choice is purely a value pick as I see her equal to the 2nd choice but is 4x the price.Another "supertrainer" in here with the favorite 2-Dreaming Of Susie so be wary or include .
5-Glacken Road 12-1
6-Dreamcastle 3-1
4-Chippette 15-1

Race 3
--Hard to get past the favorite here but maybe the 2nd choice has a chance at a huge price.
6-Pro D'oro 5-2
4-Unshackled Rouge 20-1
5-Criolla Linda 10-1

Race 4
--Really tricky race with a million question marks(How will they run turf to dirt/route to sprint as most are).Just going with connections .
7-Unbridled Bear 6-1
9-Cruises Creek 6-1
5-Mecke Mantle 12-1(Scratched/I guess 8-Xmas Sky 5-2 to replace)

Race 5
--Hard to go against the 1 herebut maybe taking the blinkers off will relax the 2-Sweet And Lowdown enough to have some left.
2-Sweet And Lowdown 6-1
1-Mosaicist 5-2
6-Diamond D'oro 8-1

Race 6
--Hate to go back to the well as usually after I get a long shot home I refuse to play it next out but there is just too much uncertainty with just about everyone else except the fave.
9-Negrita Tata 8-1
4-Arsenal 8-5
10-Elissa Greeley 10-1

Race 7
--Don't think there is much to be made here as Pletcher/Johnny V/First Time Starter = romp.The only interesting horse I can see is the 2-Captain Cook only because Ward does very well moving a horse from Maiden claiming to MSW.Plus if the other firsters aren't fast from the gate the 2 could have a lonely lead but 4-1 isn't really great.
2-Captain Cook 4-1
6-Zaikov 5-2
1-Regiment/1A-Brabbham 3-1

Race 8
--Both the Mclaughlin runners are pretty interesting here and originally liked the 8 a lot before I saw he had another runner in here in the 3.The 8 figures to improve a lot off the last race and the figure he earned was only a couple points short of the best in here.The 3 has one of the best long shot angles in horse racing going for him(Mclaughlin/Maiden not first start but first turf).So I don't know what to do here but I guess I'll go with the 3 on top because he figures to be more involved from the beginning and it seems you don't want to come from too far back lately.
3-Got What 8-1
8-Hardest Core 10-1
2-Bernie's Best 7-2

Raced 9
11-Cathedro 6-1
7-Solicitation 8-1
10-Dr. Goldfarb 5-1

Race 10
1-Bird In The Bush 6-1
3-Dance Wild 2-1
Looks like I gave up too soon losing a couple dollars.If you played a $2 exacta every race you would have made $122.80 or a whooping $2.80 .Almost a lot more with the 44-1 shot My Daughters' Kids giving up 2nd in the stretch of the 10th or would have been a nice payout even with the chalk 3-Dance Wild on top.