Login Search

Joeyp"s winner circle

Last Post

HERES MY 2ND WIN AND 2ND EXACTA OUT OF 4 RACES

Keeneland on Apr 21 2011 Race 4 5 1/2F Turf
Purse: $58000.00
# Name Jockey/Driver Win Place Show 8 Havelock Rajiv Maragh 6.20 3.20 2.40 4 Bergerac Julien R. Leparoux 4.00 2.80 2 Zeb Rosie Napravnik 3.60 Bet Type Runners Pay Out Exacta 8/4 20.00 Trifecta 8/4/2 95.40 Superfecta 8/4/2/5 139.20

ANOTHER WINNER AND EXACTA IN THE 5TH OF KEENLAND

Race 5 1 1/16M Dirt
Purse: $19000.00
# Name Jockey/Driver Win Place Show 3 My Perfect Light Alan Garcia 5.20 3.00 2.40 8 Hoopskirt Julien R. Leparoux 3.60 2.80 5 Palisades Dawn Jamie Theriot 7.80 Bet Type Runners Pay Out Exacta 3/8 16.20 Trifecta 3/8/5 176.00 Superfecta 3/8/5/10 582.00
Give Points

Points Awarded:

coppmp30 gave joeyp1222 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Handicapping 'education' - hey I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind the explaining (briefly) the "why" on a selection or two. It would help me, and others I think, learn a little more about handicapping...although I'd guess maybe people would say they know everything. Not every race, that would take too long, but maybe just on your BB or something? It would be helpful to people like me that appreciate someone else handicapping, but like to handicap themseves. It would help me to get some insight into what how you "see" the race playing out vs. how I "see" it playing out.
Last edited by gjetson; 04-21-11 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gjetson View Post
Handicapping 'education' - hey I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind the explaining (briefly) the "why" on a selection or two. It would help me, and others I think, learn a little more about handicapping...although I'd guess maybe people would say they know everything. Not every race, that would take too long, but maybe just on your BB or something? It would be helpful to people like me that appreciate someone else handicapping, but like to handicap themseves. It would help me to get some insight into what how you "see" the race playing out vs. how I "see" it playing out.

SORRY THIS AINT A HANDICAPPING CLASSROOM. I HAVE CREATED A SYSTEM OF MY OWN WHICH I USE TO HANDICAP A RACE CARD WHICH TAKES OVER 3 HRS PER CARD IT CONSISTS OF 25 STEPS PER HORSE PER RACE TO DETERMINE MY TOP CHOICE WHICH I CANNOT GET INTO. IF YOU WANT LITERATURE, BUY SOME BOOKS AND READ

SORRY, I CANT DO EVERYTHING
JOEYP

You should check out horseplayernow night school... each week they have a handicapping topic that experts chat about...you could learn a lot...

http://www.horseplayernow.com/cat/school.htm

They have "handouts" that have basics of the week but you can also go through their completed chats where you'll find the most insight.

I have known Joe for years, I have looked over his shoulder many times while he puts his unique figs on his program, I have even gone as far as questioning him as he went along, I can tell you from experience that his system is not an easy one to understand, and there are some parts of the process that are not static, flexibility is often required.

Quote Originally Posted by daoilman View Post
I have known Joe for years, I have looked over his shoulder many times while he puts his unique figs on his program, I have even gone as far as questioning him as he went along, I can tell you from experience that his system is not an easy one to understand, and there are some parts of the process that are not static, flexibility is often required.

That's cool... and I get it. I have friends that own/train horses at the local track, who are friends with a lot of handicappers, but it's tough to figure them out sometimes. They've taught me a thing to two (or most everything I know) but lately I've been in a slump of sorts and just trying to pick up some new tips that might help. Thanks for the Horse Player Now link, I'll check it out.

well, i lamed out at evangeline but didn't put much in that track cause they are hard to hit there

here is keenland for friday the 22nd

keenland

r1-----#8 cobalt cat with 1-6-4
r2-----#2 mundy with 1-4-6
r3-----#5 angels share with 9-3-4
r4-----#6 settling seas with 1-2-5
r5-----#2 master shade with 4-5-8-----best--------came 8-4-5
r6-----#1 gypsy robin with 7-6-8
r7-----#2 william kitten with 1-5-4
r8-----#1 king ting with 6-3-2
r9-----#6 emburs song with 1-4-9-10-12
r10----#2 shocking behavior with 6-9-5

good luck

these picks are revised and some have been totally changed these are the corrected plays
Last edited by joeyp1222; 04-22-11 at 02:24 PM.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave joeyp1222 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.