Login Search

NHL Situational Plays

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by emceeaye View Post
Interesting and I like your thought process. What is concerning though is that all of those games occurred last year or earlier, so oilers were to some extent a different team back then. Also, since there is no effect when you eliminate the team specificity from the query, now relying more on the premise that the effect in your query is related to something exclusive to the Oilers in particular and not characteristic of teams in general, the prediction is even less reliable given what was stated above. Also, and maybe even more importantly, the extremely small sample size is a liability here.

Not saying it won't win for you though.

Good luck!
Man, thats seriously a lot of great feedback. This is my first season at this so I'm trying to pick up on a lot in a hurry. Obv, the Canes came up short in this one.

I love what you said about it only applying to these teams. Do you typically try and find situations that apply throughout the league as a whole instead of just applying to the current games? I'm trying to understand a lot of systems right now and find one that works consistently for me. All I've found is that people constantly say "bet against the public" and "bet the away dogs"... To me it seems like with all this data there have to be better systems out there. I've just gotta keep digging into them I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by zxqwpdbg View Post
bases got my mind working a little bit. here's one i just made now.

p:L and P:L and op:L and day != Saturday and day != Sunday and (month = 10 or month = 11 or month = 12 or month = 1) and P:margin = -1 and op:margin != -3 and total <= 6
So when you run this, it shows the Jackets/Sens game tomorrow are you looking at taking the Jackets SU or the Under 5.5? I'm just trying to figure out what info is most important from running this query.

Quote Originally Posted by escism View Post
So when you run this, it shows the Jackets/Sens game tomorrow are you looking at taking the Jackets SU or the Under 5.5? I'm just trying to figure out what info is most important from running this query.
i would take the blue jackets. just keep in mind i don't know how much logic this query actually has. it has been winning every year though.

Quote Originally Posted by escism View Post
Wow.

Maybe a stupid question, but is there a way to store these on Sportsdatabase.com? or do you all just keep a running list on TXT document somewhere.
i make bookmarks and use xmarks in my browser. so every computer i use can sync immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by bl314 View Post
good to see some familiar faces from the mlb thread, as always tweaks and modifications are always welcomed:
i guess after your post, we can close this case. there are some queries that are beyond awesome. some are a bit over tweaked, but who cares.
if you have anything like this for nba you should be a very rich man by now.

So I ran this one today:

A and streak=1 and o:streak=-1 and p:margin<5 and 3>P:margin>-5 and day!=Sunday and day!=Wednesday and rest + o:rest>0 and playoffs=0 and line<147

The Blues / Stars game shows up. Here are the stats:

SU: 131-86 (0.35, 60.4%) avg line: 103.6 / -114.0 on / against: +$5,610 / -$6,688 ROI: +23.4% / -25.5%
OU: 104-94-19 (0.39, 52.5%) avg total: 5.5

I just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly. Mainly the on/against. According to the stats is this suggesting to take the Blues at +108 for the +23.4% ROI?