Login Search

Need answers Vancouver Canuck fans...

Last Post

Default Need answers Vancouver Canuck fans...

Northwest Division

Vancouver
Minnesota
Calgary
Edmonton
Colorado

Vancouver the only team to make the post-season. Vancouver lost 4 games all season in division.

Now, seeing that their division is shit, their stats are padded. Luongo isn't very consistent and your blue line is banged up. Give me facts that leads you to believe your team is the team that is going to win it all.

Playing the other divisions are as follows...

Northwest 21-6

Pacific: 12-7
Atlantic: 3-2
Central: 8-9
Northeast: 4-4
Southeast: 4-1

Chicago: 2-2

Game 1- L 2-1 SO Luongo @ Chicago
Game 2- L 7-1 Luongo @ Vancouver
Game 3- W 3-0 Luongo @ Chicago
Game 4- W 4-3 Luongo @ Vancouver

Season series with Chicago as you see is pretty even besides game 2.

The relevant divisions aren't as dominated for Vancouver. The only one that stands out to me in their favor is the Pacific because it has 4-5 in the playoffs. Are they good, of course, they are a top 5 team. Are they the best? I don't think so. Anything can happen in this series, it won't be easy by any means for either team.

Why do you think you have the best chance in this series?

Depth. Something Chicago had us covered for the past 2 seasons.
Goaltending. Crawford/Turco tandem isn't something to be worried about. We already proved we could beat Turco in the playoffs before, and Crawford tends to let in weak goals that the Canucks will feast on. Basically why I'll snag the over in a lot of these games.

Against Western Conference playoff teams (i.e., who they'll be facing in the playoffs) they had a 15-8-4 record (.630 points %). In addition, 5 of those losses came in the first month of the season. Since mid November they've gone 14-4-3 against Western Conference playoff teams.

Just take the OVER each game as this one should be a classic.

and Luongo has been consistent all season. If he struggles we have another ace goalie in Schneider. Canucks have done well with a banged up d-line...past seasons Canucks would struggle but they HAVE DEPTH. That's the key.
Last edited by CanuckG; 04-12-11 at 04:41 PM.

Our D is fully healthy for the first time all year. Our top 6 D is the best in the league hands down. Chicago lacks a solid 3rd line now and are predominately a two line team now. They don't have nearly as many annoying fcuks this year. But the main reason is no Byfuglien to tilt Luongo every game
Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
Canucks win the cup. Stop worrying about the Canucks and worry about your own team who looks way more vulnerable.
Calm down tough guy, I never said the Red Wings would do shit. Don't get so excited with those asking questions.

do you know chicago's stats for in their division, conference etc?
i think the ability to kill a penalty will be the key in the playoffs for these two teams. chicago's pk is far from good while canucks special teams are at the top of the league. also, chicago only managed to pull themselves together in the second half of the season and ended up losing their most important game of the year against detroit a few days ago, even though they were able to beat them the game before, showing how they handle playing under pressure. i think bfuglyien did alot to kill this pressure by distracting the canucks last playoffs.
as for the northwest division, beating colorado and edmonton didnt prove much, but calgary and minnesota towards the beginning of the season were pretty decent teams. also, since teams play within their division mostly, canucks are more familiar with these teams and should do well against them. if they played outside of their division and knew more about the other teams, im pretty sure you'd see similar stats for them too!

and yes big buff was a monster loss last year but the biggest loss for this them this year was no ladd..burish is a close 2nd eventhouggh number-wise not a big name but intangibles he was huge! i can't wait to see burrows go for his usual cheap shots and luongo start to shit the bed once again in the middle of april as he always does..plus the green men will be back as well lol

I believe Keith and Seabrook will shut down the Sedins(like they have in the past) and although Kesler is sick, he can't carry a team offensively...the 1st game is key, if Canucks lose they will be thinking not last year over again and Chicago is a team that is just in their heads...this series is Canucks to lose for sure, but it won't be as easy as everyone thinks it will be. Crawford only has to be solid, not great for a possible upset.