Login Search

Pulling the Goalie

Last Post

I am guessing Boston takes game 2 as well. Swayman hasn't allowed more than 2 goals all playoffs.

Boston +145

Canucks won't have Demko until at least game 5. Pettersson didn't practice today. Their 3rd string Goalie starting again. Mind you, he's been playing awesome. Can the Canucks win at home? Anything is possible. The did beat Edmonton all 3 times they played in the regular season. Go Canucks go.

Edmonton / Vancouver Over 6 -117

The Avs came back from being down 3-0 and won 4-3 in Dallas. Dallas lost games 1 and 2 in Dallas last round and colorado is on a 5 game winning streak. I am guessing they make it 6 games. 4-3 Avs.

Colorado Avalanche +115

NYR haven't lost these playoffs yet but were not the better team in game 2 even thought they won 4-3 in OT. Canes win this one and end NY's 6 game win streak. 5-3 Carolina.

Carolina Hurricanes - 1.5 +150

Looks as though Edmonton is a one line team. With Draisaitl, McDavid and Hyman. Does not seem to be much else beyond them. They the only ones who can keep any sustained pressure. Wasn’t Nugget-Hopkins an elite player at one time.?. Never heard his name once tonight.

Surprised Florida won that game tonight. They were so sloppy with their passes and timing in the first and second period. I had the over 5 and watching them fumble around with the puck was triggering. The first game Marchand was running around hitting everyone. All of a sudden he gets hit and is out.

I will bet overs again. Buy down 1/2 goal. I think the Rangers win New York today (Monday).

Dallas and Vancouver are better than I thought. Rookie Goalie for Nucks getting it done.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by slewfan View Post
Looks as though Edmonton is a one line team. With Draisaitl, McDavid and Hyman. Does not seem to be much else beyond them. They the only ones who can keep any sustained pressure. Wasn’t Nugget-Hopkins an elite player at one time.?. Never heard his name once tonight.

Surprised Florida won that game tonight. They were so sloppy with their passes and timing in the first and second period. I had the over 5 and watching them fumble around with the puck was triggering. The first game Marchand was running around hitting everyone. All of a sudden he gets hit and is out.

I will bet overs again. Buy down 1/2 goal. I think the Rangers win New York today (Monday).

Dallas and Vancouver are better than I thought. Rookie Goalie for Nucks getting it done.

GL
ya I am pleasantly surprised at how good Vancouver is playing especially if you considered they are playing their 3rd stringer, Pettersson is playing on the 3rd line, and 2 players made their playoff debuts last night. I said before the playoffs, if the Cnaucks are gonna go on a run, they need guys like Lindholm to really step it up and play like they player they thought they were getting from Calgary and not like the one in the regular season. And he has. Big Time! He isn't only scoring but he is killing it on face-offs.

Another key so far is the play of Zadorov. He's been a force at the back and he has scored some big goals as well. If Pettersson gets going, the Canucks can go to the finals. It's only 2-1 I know, this series is far from over.

Your point about the Oilers' #1 line is spot on. Give credit to the Cancucks' coaching staff for clogging up the ice between the blue lines, this slowing them down for a good portion of the night. Having said that, Edmonton did hit 4 or 5 posts and almost tied it up at the end.

It's obvious that Edmonton's game plan is to get to Hughes. They have been on him the entire series. I have never seen him get hit like he's been. Probably more in this first 3 games than the entire season. Hughes is tougher than I thought.

Game is almost always the key game in any seven game series.

Tuesday

I am guessing that the Panthers don't go back to Boston for game 6. They blew a 2 goal lead at home last game out Boston did. Marchand still out. 5-2 Panthers.

Florida -1.5+122

Edmonton changing goalies and Vancouver still going with their 3rd stinger in net. Lots of emotion in this series. 4-3 every game for far. previous 3 games averages just under 8 goals per game. 4-3 someone. Go Canucks!

Over Edmonton vs Vancouver o6.5 -104

Last edited by DwightShrute; 05-14-24 at 06:06 PM.

those were 2 great games.

How about those underdog Canucks? The refs made a couple really bad calls against Vancouver but the Canuck's penalty killing was sensational. What a game. Canucks were clearly the better team and deserved the win.